almost had the deal of a deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• almost had the deal of a deal

I have been passing this Festiva for about a year now. I only saw it out in the driveway 1 time. Everytime after that it has been under the carport hooked to the house. I just never had the time to stop but was waiting.

From what I saw the first time from 75 yds at 40 mph, it was blue with black wheels and was in very tight condition bodywise.

Well 2 weeks ago I made a special trip to "go get it". I walked up to the house and it looked vacant. I knocked as I was checking the car out. I actually knocked on the door trim once. I noticed very quickly that it was an LX (not '90). I saw almost everything except what was under the hood. Mirrors, tach, rr wiper, seats, a/c, def, sunroof etc. The only other thing I had hoped it had was p/s.

Well I was about to give up. I went to my Festiva and started to write a note to leave on the door. Then I saw a lady walking up with her dog from the backyard. I got out and asked her if she lived here.

In a "Wrong Turn" kind of way she said "WHAAAT?"

I asked again.

"WHAAAT?"

Then I just told her what I wanted.

It started looking bad from there. She said she was the landlord and the Lady had passed away some time ago. From the way I figure, about a year ago. I asked if the car was for sale.

"NOPE! It is part of the ladies estate and her family is fighting over everything. But the daughter only wants the car and the sons want the rest of the stuff."

"Do you think she will sell it?"

"No way in h... She has been wanting that car so bad since her mother passed away. Her mom loved it so that is why she wants it."

Well, it was time for me to leave. I asked if I could give her my # in case she wanted to sell it.

"No, you probably shouldn't."

Well any way as I was leaving I looked inside and saw that it was pretty beat up but only had 53,ooo miles.

ALMOST only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. But maybe one of these days.
    -Bryant

bummer
    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
      ALMOST only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.
      AND nuclear war!!!
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

close counts in dancing too
        Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
        93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
        01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
          AND nuclear war!!!
          Defined by CEP
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Working...
          X