Plethora of Festivas all at once!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plethora of Festivas all at once!

So a friend of mine sent me a FB today, saying check out these festivas!

I live in Lburg, so I sent the guy an e-mail right away. If I can talk him down to $700 I might go for it, specially since he'll deliver.

Then I quick checked the rest of craigslist and found a 92 with a bad engine for $300, and its only 1/2 hr or so from me!!

Now I don't know what to do. I've got one extra B3, and know where I could probably get another for $100 or so. But I don't think my dad wants 4 festivas at the house, specially not when I get the one that Paul is supposed to be bringing out to my place sometime!

Is there anyone near by thats looking for a car? I've got another guy here you might be interested in the running one, and I'm sure if I fix up the two non-runners I could make a little cash on them when gas goes back up. I think I'd like to do that, the trick would be convincing my dad to let me part 3 mores festivas, two which don't run, at the house!

aah! Too much goodness all at once!
    ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Hide them behind the house? Nah, I've been praying for some deals like this!

Comment

Get the first two at least!
      "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Get a couple! I'm still bringing the one from Cburg too.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Nate, with your record of fixing up Skeeter, plus all the other car work you've posted about, I don't see why you can't convince your family of your good sense and hard work ethic. Gas WILL go back up, and nice running Festivas will once again go back up in value with it.

Form your argument around the potential financial gain and getting more experience. Add in the fact you are rescueing gas savers from the boneyard. The only reason you shouldn't do this would be if you simply DIDN'T have the room or if you were a slacker (like me).

Are these good deals/opportunities? Can you handle the work? If so, then go for it!!

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

the 92 GL sport is gone, guy sold it yesterday before I e-mailed him I was really hoping to pick that one up!!

Haven't heard back from the guy with the other two yet. If he's still got 'em I'm going to pick them up though.
            ~Nate

Current cars:
            91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Buy the rest of them! hurry.
              ---------------------------------------------------
              The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
              ---------------------------------------------------
              BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

$800 for the first two, if he takes out the HU + speakers. Should be getting them on tuesday as long as he can hold them off till then.

He mentioned he lived on Leesvile rd now, and has the titles for both cars... and I realized I tried to buy these cars before! He lived on the same road I live on a few years ago, and the 90 was sitting down in the woods, and he drove the 93. I stopped in once and tried to buy the 90 since he wasn't driving it, but he said no way. that was 2 years ago or so!

maybe now I'll be able to get my hands on them.
                ~Nate

Current cars:

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Sweet I remember you trying on those. Very cool. I bet it works out great for you. Don't forget to lowball. :twisted:
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

good luck!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

well after stalking that 90 L plus for the last 4 years, it and its sibling 93 are sitting in my driveway.

I have an addiction. And I like it.

Both have straight bodys besides small dings, and the fender/hood which aren't that bad. best part? no rust!! One of them started its life as a california car. The other one he bought here in VA in '93, and has owned since. I drove the 93 around, then we went and looked @ the 90 (it was at his dad's house), and i decided to get them. They could both use a little TLC but are both in pretty decent shape overall. The DB 93 one has a hitch (sorta ghetto fab), both manual mirrors, white tach, alloys, and a 4 speed.
                      The 90 L plus doesn't have much of the "plus" stuff left because he transferred it over to the 93 after the block froze (and he believes cracked, b/c he put a new head on it and it was still dumping a lot of coolant into the combustion chambers + oil) but it does have nice door panels + pockets, a good 5spd trany, and AC that has one broken line.
                      ~Nate

Current cars:

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

i have an addiction. and i like it.

classic and awesome. simple and describes us all perfectly... :lol:
                          89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                          92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                          New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Congrats on the buy. I wish I had room to store a couple extra Festivas.
                            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

you can store them at my house Simon... as long as I can do whatever I want with them (swap wise) and drive them whenever I want
                              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                              X