Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0-60 time

Hi Everyone,
    I was just searching here, and finding nothing really helpful on the subject, thought I'd ask.
    I am wondering what the 0 to 60 times would be of Festiva's with the most popular engine swaps?

For instance:
    Stock = 10.5 seconds aprox. (from an old C&D article)
    B6 = ?
    b6T = ?
    etc, etc, etc...

I would like to someday own a Festy that has acceleration other than theoretical (ok,,,faster than stock!)

Tesekkurler!
    If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
    Mark S.

well... mine doesn't run (yet)... So I might be able to push it to a 9.45 (I have strong legs and its light)

We should get together and shoot sometime, I'm in Temecula and am a photo guy as well... what kind of stuff are you into shooting?
    www.travisbrockphotography.com

Comment

I timed my old B6T and 0-60 was around 5.5 seconds... if I could keep the tire from spinning
      Ian Carr
      88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
      99' S70 T5M- faster DD
      86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

I expect my stock little 5-speed '93 has a 0-60 time you'd measure with a calendar.

But much of its road time is in city traffic, and I have no problem accelerating with the rest of the traffic away from lights, merging onto freeways, etc.

I promise you I never hold anyone up, even when I'm short-shifting to save fuel and obtain my steady 44 MPG overall. 1st gear to 15 MPH, 2nd to 25, 3rd to 35, 4th to 45, and into 5th gear at 45 MPH up to my self-imposed top speed of 63.

Lannis

Comment

Like the vw beetle ad said

0-60 yes

Originally posted by deathegg View Post
          Hi Everyone,
          I was just searching here, and finding nothing really helpful on the subject, thought I'd ask.
          I am wondering what the 0 to 60 times would be of Festiva's with the most popular engine swaps?

For instance:
          Stock = 10.5 seconds aprox. (from an old C&D article)
          B6 = ?
          b6T = ?
          etc, etc, etc...

I would like to someday own a Festy that has acceleration other than theoretical (ok,,,faster than stock!)

Tesekkurler!
          The main problem with getting any estimate of what a modded festiva's 0-60 time is that there is no common ground between them. Someone with a B6t might have a g25mr trans while person #2 has a stock e-series. Different gearing/different tires = different acceleration
          Last edited by muscle_Car1; 02-24-2009, 06:48 PM.
          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Not to mention traction issues... our cars simply werent made to accelerate quickly.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I expect my stock little 5-speed '93 has a 0-60 time you'd measure with a calendar.

But much of its road time is in city traffic, and I have no problem accelerating with the rest of the traffic away from lights, merging onto freeways, etc.

I promise you I never hold anyone up, even when I'm short-shifting to save fuel and obtain my steady 44 MPG overall. 1st gear to 15 MPH, 2nd to 25, 3rd to 35, 4th to 45, and into 5th gear at 45 MPH up to my self-imposed top speed of 63.

Yes, that's pretty much how I drive too; mostly city driving and almost never any highway,
              and never any trouble accelerating with traffic away from lights.
              BUT.... there are times when I have to merge onto the highway, pass somebody, or accelerate faster for whatever reason, and 58 h.p. just doesn't cut it. If a Festiva could do 60 in about 7 seconds,, that level of power would be more acceptable to me.
              If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
              Mark S.

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                Not to mention traction issues... our cars simply werent made to accelerate quickly.

LOL, too good and so right!
                www.travisbrockphotography.com

Comment

My 1997 Geo Metro LSI with 70hp and an automatic did 0-60 in 20 seconds on the flat with just me in it and the A/C off.
                  88L black, dailydriver
                  88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                  4 88/89 disassembled
                  91L green
                  91GL aqua pwrsteer
                  92GL red a/c reardmg
                  3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                  1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Working...
                  X