gearbox...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gearbox...

Well, last months I had a bad day, after having spent the whole afternoon washing the car and have changed some bulbs that were burned, disarm command header lights (high lights not litand clean the contacts) I realize that I have the biggest pot of oil on the floor ... oil from the gearbox, lift the car with the cat to see better where it was dripping oil, well, i start the car an see the jet oil (I am scared, I thought it would be without oil) in just a minute you were on, the vehicle drop about quarter of a liter of oil ... immediately turn off the car, call my mechanic to revise it, remove the gearbox and got this.

IMG]http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq29/sipderdoc/0213091156.jpg[/IMG]

I do not know how they are called in English that is why I show the picture ... Here we call it trompo de bomba de aceite be translated "top of the oil pump" , was very worn by the edge (not if they see in the picture), Luckily I got the spare, but I wonder why this happened?: confused:

seize the moment and buy the suspension on the driver's side, the rubber valve cover (another term not in English, good photo)

Last edited by sipderdoc; 03-04-2009, 04:09 AM. Reason: Translation .. wrote in Spanish
    if I write badly....thanks google translator

valve cover gasket jeje...

amortiguador...

Comment

a better picture

Comment

Did you fix it the leak?

If not what you are looking for is a Transmission input shaft seal.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

yeap the leak are fixed... But I'd like to know why this happened??? my mechanic told me he was wearing and the years you have the gearbox

Comment

Well all gaskets can rot and wear out.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Mmmmm .... the good thing about this is that it was repaired, the truth is that they had to replace the lid of the gearbox complete...

in those days was seeing new parts of Iran and had not noticed that the bulbs of the interface of the air conditioning did not work, I walk without looking for the interface of small bulbs that are burned

Comment

Working...
              X