Festiva Carb Question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva Carb Question..

hey guys, i have never owned a carbed festiva before.. i was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind and who makes the carb.. im having some trouble with the seccondary sticking open when i floor it.. also i was wondering if this would work, i found it on summit and thought it would be a nice touch - http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

thanks!

Aisin makes the carb. Spray the secondary plate and shaft with carb cleaner (while working open and closed with your fingers), then WD40. Seems to unstick most of them. That air cleaner will need alot of modification to fit.
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
      Aisin makes the carb. Spray the secondary plate and shaft with carb cleaner (while working open and closed with your fingers), then WD40. Seems to unstick most of them. That air cleaner will need alot of modification to fit.
      cool, thanks... the butterfly is staying open like you said , i'll try cleaning it like you said.. i want to get alittle more performance out of the car im glad you responded to my post i would like to pick you brain.. i did a few searches on carbed festivas and i read alot of your posts..

Comment

FB is the man to listen to here, but I'll add, I once had to replace the return spring to keep one from getting stuck open.
        Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Working...
        X