No announcement yet.

weird about me festiva? tell help me??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird about me festiva? tell help me??

well we finish fixing my festiva yesterday and when we tried the new stock clutch called dyna pak .. i tried it and it burns tires... that means my car accelerates fast and the shifts are extra smotth is that good or bad? like for a stock clutch it acelerates so quick it burns a little tires then go and when i hit the shift they so smooth is that good or bad u tell me?:happy1::spam1:

i'd say good... but that's just me.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Do what.
      Last edited by BUSTIVA; 03-05-2009, 02:57 PM.
      '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

sounds ok to me, maybe give it less gas.

Comment

"burning out" is a sign that you are racing it's probably fine, but you will go through the lifespan of your tires/clutch. What are you revving the engine to? that is to say how many RPM's are you getting before you let go of the clutch and how fast are you releasing the clutch? One way people like to get acceleration without burning out as much, is to put larger tires on their cars. It sounds like you may need to not rev the engine as much to get better traction, if that is your question. Where in Chicago are you? I am just by midway airport. I love working with these little cars, and I would like to meet you and talk about festiva's, either respond here or you can "PM" me and let me know!
          Last edited by Ogrestiva; 03-05-2009, 04:15 PM.
          89' Maroon and black Festiva LX with a sunroof. :alien:

Comment

I dont quite understand....so all this time you have been revving and going nowhere, as in no tire spinning but the clutch spinning?

Where is that "priceless" video of the black camaro showing off trying to power brake and ruins his car heh
            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

I bought a dyna pac clutch set this week, glad to hear it works well. Sounds like Ill have to pick up some extra tires though.
              sigpic
              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

If your not burning tires....you're not using the clutch correctly
                Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

naw i think is cause they tighten up my gas thing on the engine to hard and right when i let go of the clutch and put a little gas it burn tires a little and goes.. fast... like it has high acceleration i think that is good but idk if its good in the streets hey u guys know where i can get my driver permit for free for very cheap in Chicago

Comment

punctuation. is. good. !!!!!!

now what did you say?
                    89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                    92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                    New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

The acceleration is a function of how you release the clutch and apply the accelerator. let me know where you live or a place we can meet up and I'll come take a look at it

Comment

Originally posted by Ogrestiva View Post
                        The acceleration is a function of how you release the clutch and apply the accelerator. let me know where you live or a place we can meet up and I'll come take a look at it
                        People helping people. I love it
                        Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
                        88? Parts car-sold
                        91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
                        86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
                        1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

Originally posted by 1993 festiva View Post
                          hey u guys know where i can get my driver permit for free for very cheap in Chicago
                          The cluch sounds like its fine. Maybe some driving lessons are in order. Im not trying to be mean but after above statment it reminds me of when I first tought my wife to drive stick.LOL

Comment

^^Like I said: I don't have a problem helping out a prospective new friend!

Comment

Originally posted by Ogrestiva View Post
                              ^^Like I said: I don't have a problem helping out a prospective new friend!
                              Prospective new friend? Other than the lead character from the sitcom "Big Bang Theory" you're the only guy I know who makes a prospective new friend fill out a 5 page application!
                              ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
                              #2 .....Cheesehead
                              #3 '91 White - Donor Car
                              #4 .....Montana Project
                              SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
                              Bought her back for $450
                              Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

Working...
                              X