VW supercar era begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW supercar era begins

anyone hear about VW's new "supercar"...cant recall the name but its going to be a 30 car production and most expensive production car at 1.3 million....0-60 times are in the high 2's i believe....top speed is 252 and 1000 horsepower if im not mistaken....the picture i saw looked pretty cool
    90 L FI..second B3
    90 L Parts car
    Jay

and it'll still be a VolksWagen

Hiel Hitler!
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Man, when are people going to give up the Hitler thing lol....

Granted, just by saying that I'm sure I've opened an unsealable can of worms, but it was 60 years ago when Hitler turned to the guy who started VW and said "Hey, I need a lightweight, quick officer transport for the battlefield" and then said designer came up with the bug. Saying that VW is evil because it got its start out of building war materiel is like a German saying Jeep is evil. Oh, and did I forget to mention that World War 2 is over? Oh, and that Germany is our Ally now? I think we got a few bigger things to worry about right now, like, say, maybe a certain Islamic organization called Al Quaeda?

Anyway.... My dub has been going strong through all kinds of abuse for the last 20K i've had it. Even running 13's at the track I get over 30 mpg in mixed driving. Outside of performance mods, I've only had to replace the coolant temp sensor and MAF sensor as far as issues go. Frankly, I don't consider that enough to judge it as a bad car... especially by someone who used to work for Ford

Comment

I never said Vee Dubs were evil. I just like to incite riots!

and personally, all cars are the same crap with different badges on the hood.
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Originally posted by FB71

Uuuumm, what exactly are you saying? All cars are created equal?
          I'm afraid not. Go buy a Yugo and drive that around for a week, and then tell me that it's the same as other cars. Oh wait, you can't find a Yugo because they all went to the junkyard about a year after they rolled off the lot because they were the biggest pile of crap ever built.

On the other hand, compare to any Lexus, which is probably the most reliable brand in the world. Extremely well built cars with very few problems.

Not the same.

Comment

When I had the Mk2 Jetta, my boyfriend would affectionately call it the Nazibox ...

I just wish VW would bring their Volkswagen (people's car) Lupo and Polo here
            I will NOT drive a minivan

Comment

Originally posted by gdawgs

Uuuumm, what exactly are you saying? All cars are created equal?
              I'm afraid not. Go buy a Yugo and drive that around for a week, and then tell me that it's the same as other cars. Oh wait, you can't find a Yugo because they all went to the junkyard about a year after they rolled off the lot because they were the biggest pile of crap ever built.

On the other hand, compare to any Lexus, which is probably the most reliable brand in the world. Extremely well built cars with very few problems.

Not the same.
              no, I wasn't saying all cars are created equal. Just that all cars will give you trouble eventually because they're just machines. I've worked in the auto business for 11 years now, and I just get jaded.

And by the way, go read Automotive News. Probably one of the best industry papers around. Take a look at their "Things Gone Wrong" ratings for vehicle manufacturers. Its an independant review of the number of problems a new vehicle experiences within the first 12 months of ownership. They exclude things such as "Customer Satisfaction Index" (popularity contest), and cost per repair. They look at number of warranty claims ONLY. Lexus is in the middle of the heap, has been for years. Mercedes is near the bottom with Kia, Suzuki and Hyundai. Asian Parent brands faired slightly better then their Luxury brands (Toyota, Nissan, etc). Most American manufacturers outperformed Japanese and German imports for the past few years, with Lincoln taking the top domestic spot last year, ranking 4th overall among global manufacturers selling in the US. I won't dispute that Lexus is a good car. I just dispute your view that its one of the best. Data says otherwise.

a Craine Publication
              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Originally posted by gdawgs

Not the same.
                no, I wasn't saying all cars are created equal. Just that all cars will give you trouble eventually because they're just machines. I've worked in the auto business for 11 years now, and I just get jaded.

Ok Good.
                Didn't get a chance to really check out the site, but looks like a good resource.
                But, not including repair cost data could really skew results.
                Example, replacing a heater knob vs. a major engine repair.
                Both would show up as one hit on the "repaired under warrenty" meter, but significantly different.

Comment

on the same note, an engine in a vehicle could be a $3000 repair, and in another vehicle it could be a $10000 repair. that would be equally biased. In my personal experience (all with an OEM), customers don't care if its a heater knob or engine, they just know its broken, and that pisses them off.

but, you are correct, data can easily be skewed. That's why I believe all available data needs to be evaluated to determine a trend, not just one piece.
                  Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

back to the post subject....heres the link...a pic on the right of that page

90 L FI..second B3
                    90 L Parts car
                    Jay

Comment

Or you could go spend half that and get a genuine group B rally car and spend the other $650,000 on a ton of track time.

Or you could go buy yourself an M5, spend $250,000 on a BMW F1 engine and the other million on hookers and beer.

The veyron is cool and all, but I don't consider it to be a production car, and 1000hp street legal has been done, we call it the supra.
                      OX SMASH!!

Comment

evo

I would rather spend money on this new evo

Comment

Working...
                        X