• Time
  • Show
Clear All

2009 - 91L $750 Culpepper, VA
    Festy 91L - 210K "Team Festy"
    00 VW Passat 1.8T - sold
    02 Saturn SL1 94K "Wifey Mobile"

Comment

2002---1991 Festiva L-----$600---White Sold w/ aspire swap & other goodies----Batavia, Il
      2006---1993 Festiva GL----$1500--Red auto full of FMS gear--------------------Logansport, In
      2006---1992 Festiva L-----$200---Rattle can black parts car--------------------Logansport, In
      2006---1991 Festiva GL----$1300--Power steering A/C--------------------------Montville, Nj
      2006---1993 Festiva Sport-$1200--Duh its a sport w/ aspire swap---------------Southbury, Cn
      2007---1990 Festiva L-----$500---Grey car driven for 2 months prior to accident-Chicago, Il
      2008---1991 Festiva L-----$500---White Festy with cruise A/C------------------Aurora, Il
      2008---1989 Festiva L-----$450---Black Festy----------------------------------Newton, Ia
      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Bought my '91 Festiva L twice...and then some.

The first time June of '99 with 85,000 miles from the first owner I paid $2500.(from a jet helicopter mechanic in the Coast Guard stationed in Eureka, CA who'd got the car in Alaska)

Then August of 2002 after I'd had to sell the car December of 2001 in Tillamook, OR for a dollar, due to a bent connecting rod and no way to get back to Eureka, CA; I was able to repurchase my car for $750 from the person who'd fixed the connecting rod.(water got through the air cleaner; and the resulting resistance of momentary steam in the combustion chamber bent the rod, or so they tell me...going through a flooded part of US 101 not up to the axles, when many other vehicles were getting through without problems)

So, roughly $3500 total with all the various fees and inspections; from June of '99 in Eureka, CA to August of '02 in Tillamook, OR.(the title was officially redone in Oregon then back in California again)

Never had anything but MOBILE ONE until I began using the NAPA synthetic oil lately; and in nice if not perfect cosmetic condition initially.(down to bare sheet metal inside now, except seats, carpet, dash and headliner...like 'em that way) I'd never noticed a Festiva before, but for some reason when this one caught my eye with a "for sale" sign in a chain store parking lot; I'd felt compelled to own the thing and feel "well rewarded."(for some reason I'd been reminded of the utilitarian feel of the Citroen 2CV truck)

I didn't try to dicker the asking price down; both since the winter I'd spent homeless allowing me to save enough money to buy the car was a compelling factor, and because of the assurance of the seller as to the level of care and up keep the car had received.(with a motor you could've eaten off of; hardly the case anymore, and the vaunted "recent" brake job which had been a selling point, resulting in a brake failure which cost me a DUI 4/15/01, so a pretty expensive rig all told; my first moving violation in over thirty years and the only serious traffic offense I've ever had, which was devastating to my self-image let alone the $7000 in inflated expenses and permanent serious scar on my record, not too far shy of a serial killer and/or sex offender in some people's eyes-when I'd always figured if need be I might be able to drive a cab part-time at least, and have good confidence in my skills and ability to stay safe and survive despite serious situations or challenging conditions, so that driving commercially might've been appealing except for back problems which would've made that unacceptable)
        '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

2004-Xmas Time-Parker, Co-Free
          Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
          93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
          01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

93' L BP festiva 03' Turkey Point Ontario, $450
            90' LX B6T festiva 08' Stratford Ontario, a lot
            Last edited by Damkid; 03-24-2009, 06:38 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy812 View Post
              The miles listed on the title would be the miles it had when the previous owner bought it. It makes sense that it has a lot more miles than the title says.

If it runs and drives and it was $450, I don't think you paid too much. If you wait until gas gets back up to $3+ per gallon, you'd be able to sell it for way more than that.
              No i know that, but the kid i bought it from never signed the title...
              -Tim
              93 Festy L- Little Red
              98 Ranger- The golf ball
              92 Accord- The $20 car (R.I.P)
              73 F-100 (looking for a 302)

"Wait... you mean they pay people to fix their cars? Idiots..."

Comment

1992 L....purchased new....July 1992
                Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

90L bought 5 years ago for $500 from my old boss , with no options and no radio....said I would be happy if it lasted 3-6 months .

Now loaded with many options, drive it everyday and appreciate this car so much .
                  ------------------------------------------------
                  The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                  Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                  HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                  Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                  Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                  Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                  Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                  90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                  It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

1988-'88 L- memphis TN- Lewis Ford- $7800
                    1990- '90 L- memphis TN- Lewis Ford- Around 8000
                    2008- 89L- memphis TN- too much lol.
                    89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                    92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                    New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

8 grand brand new... nice
                      -Tim
                      93 Festy L- Little Red
                      98 Ranger- The golf ball
                      92 Accord- The $20 car (R.I.P)
                      73 F-100 (looking for a 302)

"Wait... you mean they pay people to fix their cars? Idiots..."

Comment

and that was with a/c dealer installed! :lol:
                        well one of them was, the other was factory a/c.my parents bought the 88, my grandparents bought the 90. my parents now own the 90, i own the 88 and the 89.
                        89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                        92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                        New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

September 1, 1988........ 1988 Festiva L+ from John Coxon Ford in Harmar, PA.
                          I don't have my Monroney handy, but I think the total cost with dealer-installed A/C was $7600

Yes, the DeathEgg is 20.5 years old and still going strong!
                          If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                          Mark S.

Comment

I got mine in April of last year on my birthday. It's a 90 L and it was my dad's car that he drove to work and back everyday and he was going to sell it to me for $100 because he didn't want to get rid of it because of gas prices, but at the time thats what I really wanted it for. I took it in the garage to look under the hood before I forked over the money and asked him what service hes done to it since he bought it(which he actually bought on my BIRTHday in 92, what a coincidence) and beside changing oil and spark plugs/wires he hadn't done anything. First I took off the airbox.... OMG... the air filter look like it was clogged with chewing tobacco, then took off the fuel filter and when i let the fuel drain from the filter some black gunk came out. So I finally told him if he bought an air and fuel filter and stuff for a tune up I would charge $100 labor, and he threw me the key and said "have fun fixing it" and laughed and walked away. Well, theres my story lol.

Comment

May 2008, Wareham Massachusetts, $400.00
                              Only 93,000 miles, but it had a bad transmission and needed exhaust work.
                              4 new tires though.
                              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

how much ?

2005 picked up a 1988 festy L with only 13500 miles on it.paid $700.00 in fla. know has 92000 miles,

Comment

Working...
                                X