Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45th Anniversary Mustang Event

Hey Guys,

April 16th - 19th Barber Motorsports Park is hosting the 45th Anniversary Mustang Event here in Birmingham, Alabama. I'm a huge Mustang lover and will be attending several of the events throughout the weekend. In talking with my brother-in-law, who will have a car in the event, there are over 4,000 participants with over 2,500 Mustangs entered in the show and it continues to grow. On Thursday evening there will be a caravan cruise from BMP to Homewood, Al with 650 Mustangs followed by a street party. Over the course of the next 3 days there will be competition shows, displays, Mustangs on the world class road coarse, racing and just good fun had by all. If you love Mustangs this is an event worth driving to see and simply wanted to make everyone aware of it. Yesterday I got an update that there are 21 1964 1/2 Mustangs entered which is unreal. Check out "www.mustangevents.org" for more information. To learn about BMP check out "www.barbermotorsports.com". The facilities are incredible and just as additional info last weekend the Indy Racing League was here testing for plans to race here in 2010. That will give you some idea as to how nice this place is.

Have fun and hope to see some of you here in Birmingham
    '93 Festiva GL / "HOT ROD"
    '02 F-150 Supercrew
    '02 Excursion 4x4
    '98 Jeep Cherokee Classic Limited

I won't be there, but a large contingent from the Mustang Club of Maryland will be. Look for a blue and white GA police package Fox coupe. It's owned by Lisa Sams from our club. I am disappointed I can't make it, because that would give them 22 1964 1/2 Mustangs in attendance!
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I would love to attend this! But it's to far away.
      -Josh R

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
        I won't be there, but a large contingent from the Mustang Club of Maryland will be. Look for a blue and white GA police package Fox coupe. It's owned by Lisa Sams from our club. I am disappointed I can't make it, because that would give them 22 1964 1/2 Mustangs in attendance!
        Jim, I had no idea you owned a Stang. I'd love to hear the story behind how you got yours and what you've done to it if you don't mind sharing (pics too). I'll look for Lisa. I've owned three and I've got the itch for another.
        Last edited by BigWheel; 03-28-2009, 02:54 PM.
        '02 F-150 Supercrew
        '02 Excursion 4x4

Comment

Balls!!!

This morning I dreamt of being in a '69 or '70 'Stang(white w/green trim) driving out towards Applegate, WA(a onetime community near Onalaska, WA which had had a couple hundred families prior to the first world war and half as many prior to the second world war which that war "effort" depleted to nearly none subsequently; where my logger grandfather had five logging companies during his career; at "cost plus ten per cent" government contracts to advance the war time efforts of the second world war, when he'd written up every family member as a full-time employee to circumvent the wartime regulations denying workers any sort of increase in wages when in Lewis County; they'd of otherwise been given an infinitesimal wage in the most dangerous of occupations when their employers were paid without encumbrance anything over their costs of doing business at a ten-per cent rate*) with someone grabbing the worn Ford key from the ignition which they'd broken off in some sort of a stereo device; so that I'd had to get my vehicle going with an after-market key from some sort of roadside-supermarket place.

The car the three of us had been in, was a green on white 427ci Mustang which had gotten by the time in my hands, grossly carbonated to excess; so that when in my dream someone had gotten onto the two-lane in front of me in a similar Firebird with a monstrous seven liter mill, I'd laid onto the throttle without abandon, in an infectious sort of vague at best mediocre acceleration, not at all adequate in apprehending the long gone Firebird in front of us then.(greatly reminiscent of my late mother's 427 Thunderbird she'd hated when she'd been in love with our '64 MG-1100 sedan; in the family '61 Ford Country Squire nine-passenger "woody" station wagon my father had forced her to drive when he'd been in love with the neat and efficient tiny sedan they'd gotten new which while they'd had this amazing rig I'd learned to drive in, had had four engines and a couple of transmissions; due to the )

*This is an almost unbelievable level of compensation. Previously my grandfather; who'd been an indispensable employee due to his unimaginable skills, had been employed throughout the depression at a four hundred dollar a month wage; then suffering according to my father an "inferiority complex" due to intimidation by his employers who'd of not been able to operate without my grandfather's skills.
          Last edited by bobstad; 03-28-2009, 06:26 PM.
          '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

Originally posted by BigWheel View Post
            Jim, I had no idea you owned a Stang. I'd love to hear the story behind how you got yours and what you've done to it if you don't mind sharing (pics too). I'll look for Lisa. I've owned three and I've got the itch for another.
            I've actually got two, down from three. My 2004 coupe was totalled in July 2007 when a careless driver turned across my lane on my green. I've still got my 64 1/2 coupe and a 67 convertible. I'll post pics of them in the Photo section.
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

I've actually got two, down from three. My 2004 coupe was totalled in July 2007 when a careless driver turned across my lane on my green. I've still got my 64 1/2 coupe and a 67 convertible. I'll post pics of them in the Photo section.
              That 2004 was a 40th anniversary addition too wasn't it? I know your sick over that one. We had a red 67 coupe, 66 coupe and then my first car was a 77 Mach I. I'm hoping to eventually find a 60's model fast back for my next purchase.
              '02 F-150 Supercrew
              '02 Excursion 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by BigWheel View Post
                That 2004 was a 40th anniversary addition too wasn't it? I know your sick over that one. We had a red 67 coupe, 66 coupe and then my first car was a 77 Mach I. I'm hoping to eventually find a 60's model fast back for my next purchase.
                yup. I still get PO'd when I think about it. I saved for six years, and paid cash for that car, too...

I would LOVE to have a Mustang II Mach1!!!!! Ideally a '74, t-top, 2.8L 4spd, but beggars can't be choosers!

My dad has a '67 fastback that will, hopefully, be back from paint soon!
                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

I cried when i saw the pics, a few tears... may that pony rest in peace
                  -Tim
                  93 Festy L- Little Red
                  98 Ranger- The golf ball
                  92 Accord- The $20 car (R.I.P)
                  73 F-100 (looking for a 302)

"Wait... you mean they pay people to fix their cars? Idiots..."

Comment

I just got back from the year's first Cruise-in tonight and WOW!!!! There were some gorgeous cars there tonight including every make and model of muscle car you can image. My favorites tonight were '65 Mustang fastback...navy blue with white stripes and 3 speed trans. '66 Mustang fastback...black with white stripes, beautiful interior and 3 speed trans. '64 1/2 white with blue strips that matched the interior. I am pumped about the 45th Anniversary show in two weeks. I've definitely got the fever for another Stang.
                    '02 F-150 Supercrew
                    '02 Excursion 4x4

Comment

[QUOTE=FB71;219171]I would LOVE to have a Mustang II Mach1!!!!! Ideally a '74, t-top, 2.8L 4spd, but beggars can't be choosers![QUOTE]

Jim, I hate you're not going to make the show next weekend as I'd really like to meet you and talk some about your restorations. At the Cruise-in last week I got a chance to talk with a couple of guys about my 77 Mach I and they only made me want that car back that much more. I didn't realize they had become such a collector's addition. Mine was White with Black two-tone and red rally interior & wheels. Man I miss that car.

From what I'm hearing the 50th is going to be at Barber as well so I plan to have a Mustang myself by then.
                      '02 F-150 Supercrew
                      '02 Excursion 4x4

Comment

I hope I can make the 50th! I'll bring my 64 1/2, and if I have it done, my 67 droptop!
                        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

hey BigWheel, you had asked about the story around my 64 1/2. I wrote it up here; http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=20847
                          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

hey BigWheel, you had asked about the story around my 64 1/2. I wrote it up here; http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=20847
                            I thought I had responded to you but just realized I didn't. I enjoy reading/hearing the stories behind the restorations as much as the cars themselves. I can only imagine how great you feel everytime you step back and look at that car. I know sitting down and talking with one of the Fords had to be awesome as well. Keep me up to date on your progress with the '67 as I think that's probably going to be a fun restoration itself.

Nice cars.
                            '02 F-150 Supercrew
                            '02 Excursion 4x4

Comment

I had a '67 Fastback, red, 289 2/barrel, three-speed. With Monroe-Matic Load-Levelers on all four corners and some of the first Sears Steel-belted radial tires. The V-8 was healthy enough and the handling exquisite.
                              '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

Working...
                              X