You meet the nicest people in a Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You meet the nicest people in a Festiva

I went out today to talk to a guy about a 5speed for project TroubleMaker. I got lost on the way out, then got stuck trying to turn around on a county road. After I finally got to the guys house we talked about the trans and afew other goodies. Well one thing led to another, and I'm still not too sure how it happened, but I bought two more cars. One is a beauty of a MetBlue LX. One is a red parts car missing alot of parts and with a little front end damage but may be great yet. TroubleMaker is now going to be the MetBlue LX with plenty of options, I'm going to inventory all the other parts as soon as I can. I'll have pics if I can just figure out how to use this darn camera.
    Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Nice score!
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Great job!
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
      88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
      88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
      06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

not around here lol. believe it or not almost everybody i've met with a festiva has been rude and abrupt. on the other hand, subaru owners are an awesome community.

Nice score though!! PICS

Comment

Nice!
          -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
          -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
          -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

lol, i called a guy about parts, we talked for like an hour...
            -Tim
            93 Festy L- Little Red
            98 Ranger- The golf ball
            92 Accord- The $20 car (R.I.P)
            73 F-100 (looking for a 302)

"Wait... you mean they pay people to fix their cars? Idiots..."

Comment

Dont forget your options straved buddies if you go to selling stuff. Hey, whats your avatar pic ?
              sigpic
              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Nice stuff! Sounds good. Well, the first time I drove a Festiva, it was out of kindness from the owner. I'd gone to another city with my buddy (same guy got my project Festiva from) and I needed a ride back home cause he was gonna stay longer. So, his buddy lent me his Festiva to drive back home in! I've still never met the guy, but I'd like to thank him. haha I quite enjoyed that drive back too! I also had someone in town I'm a Festiva gimme a thumbs up for driving a Festiva. haha

Comment

What years?

I am curious to find out what years the two cars are?

Comment

Awesome deal! Post some pics

Comment

Fresh, you can count on it! And that beast in the avatar is the one and only BRUCE! I miss him every day.

BraveKozak, I honestly don't know. The cars look awsome, the deal was sweet and as long as it's FI who cares?
                      Last edited by KingFish; 04-01-2009, 10:47 PM.
                      Going old school...

Comment

Originally posted by ruppenduro View Post
                        not around here lol. believe it or not almost everybody i've met with a festiva has been rude and abrupt. on the other hand, subaru owners are an awesome community.

Nice score though!! PICS
                        really?! Down here, Subaru owners are either bleeding-heart leftist Nazis, or their Hollister-wearing spoiled-brat kids...
                        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
                          really?! Down here, Subaru owners are either bleeding-heart leftist Nazis, or their Hollister-wearing spoiled-brat kids...

you would be amazed, its nothing like that here. i used to have a few brats and imprezas that i drove, and it was almost funny how courteous the other subie drivers were. waving all the time, letting other subaru drivers out in traffic, talking at gas stations, parking next to other subarus (and subarus are always backed into their parking spots lol) i think some people buy subarus just to be a part of the community.

Comment

Ok here are some pics

Thats actully the Teal car I am driving right now (camera test)

This is TroubleMaker.

Anyone need a cluster?

I still don't belive it...

No driver side, but I should be able to remedy that.

Still waiting for the guy to call back and say APRIL FOOLS!!!
                            Last edited by KingFish; 04-02-2009, 01:40 AM.
                            Going old school...

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
                              AND:

they are CHEAP SCUM when it comes to doing repairs

and

WRX owners are just one car accidents

I am the original

Comment

Working...
                              X