Canadian style running (head) lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian style running (head) lights

I'd like to wire my headlights like Canadian cars. Always on while running. I suffer from visibiliphobia in the Festiva. Can anyone tell me briefly if the headlight relay is just energized from the ignition circuit or is it more complicated than that?
    Thanks

There is a module they have in their cars that keep them on I believe. But why do all that....just get some fog lights. Tilt them up a bit and people will see you the same as if your headlights were on.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

they're called "day-time running lights" the work off the high beams but a lot dimmer, and yes there is a module that controls it

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Thanks for the info.
        Charlie Z

Comment

It's pretty easy to make a relayed headlight harness, you could wire that in to switch on when the car is running. I made one recently for my Jetta. This process might also brighten up your headlights a little, since you use heavier wire and the power is drawn right from the battery. Also, it allows you to run brighter bulbs if you so choose. I think I spent about $40 on mine. I can give you more info and a couple informative links if you want.
          Last edited by garylau; 04-07-2009, 08:21 AM.
          1992 Subaru Legacy
          1988 Chevy Caprice Classic

Comment

Working...
          X