the yugo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the yugo

Is the Yugo now a rare car thats just about gone ive never seen one and barley know what they look like
    1989 Ford Ranger 177 2.9
    2001 hyundai accent 1.6 DOHC

I've always wanted a Yugo.

There's one in my neighbourhood that I see every once in a while.

They are really rare now; I've maybe seen a dozen in my entire life.

Regards,

Tim
    White '89L auto - Sold!
    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

There is a really nice Yugo around here for sale. Its lowered, 1.5 liter Fiat engine, some other mods. Dark blue in color for $1000.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

i saw a few at the junkyard in decent exterior condition

but man those cars are fucking awful. I should scan you the two consumre reports articles I have about their two yugos.

They rolled their first one off and immediately the engine had problems cranking, the rear wiper didn't work b/c the wiring wasn't plugged in, the drivers seat wasn't bolted down properly and there was some other stuipd issues that you'd never expect to occur with a new car.

pathetic
        Wil
        02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
        00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
        05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
        93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
        96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
        93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

I saw one a year ago with 13,000 original m iles. Looked showroom new.

matt

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
          BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
          BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
          New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

i live near detroit so there are lots of cars here you cant walk around the corner with out some other car club having a classic car show or something like that. early in the morning i see new cars that are massed up and such so you can see them and yet ive never seen a yugo that is just weird even pics of them on the internet are not to common were they a popular car because they are before my time and has anyone here owned one
            1989 Ford Ranger 177 2.9
            2001 hyundai accent 1.6 DOHC

Comment

Re: the yugo

Originally posted by Epixstar
              Is the Yugo now a rare car thats just about gone ive never seen one and barley know what they look like
              That's because they're all broken.
              marc
              white 93 GL / 5spd

Comment

We have a local junkyard that has about 6 or 7. I think they look pretty cool. I've never seen one that runs though. That's why I haven't bothered with buying them and putting them together. There is a guy I used to work with that hooked up a harness to his and took a picture of his neighbors horse in the harness looking like it was pulling the car.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

I've seen a couple different polls/reports that listed the Yugo as the worst car of the 20th century. BAD CAR

Comment

^ Obviously they've never heard of a Lada...
                    * Retired Festiva-er*
                    1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                    B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

what's wrong with a Lada? Great russian cars! Almost as good as a Trabant. Just wait till 2008 when the Cherrys and Geelys hit our shores! They're being imported by the same guy as the Yugo, Malcolm Bricklin.

During '93, while in Bosnia, we got word that a bomber group out of Germany hit the Yugo plant during an attack. Surveilance reports came back a few hours later, showing that all the Yugos in the plant had fallen together!

why did the Yugo have a rear defroster?

to keep your hands warm while pushing it!
                      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71

why did the Yugo have a rear defroster?

to keep your hands warm while pushing it!
                        :lol:

Another one was how do you double the value of your Yugo?
                        Fill it with gas.

Of course now days with gas so high, you have to change it to how do you quadruple the value of your Yugo.

Comment

had a freind who had a yugo, you couldnt shift it into 2nd gear becuase the shifter hit the seat. HAHAHAHA! they are kind cool looking though, if you gutted one and rebuilt it,. even a few race champion yugos out there.

Comment

About 10 years ago, my buddy was getting his YUGO inspected. The guy doing the state inspection had never seen one before, so my buddy told him the car was so cheap it had manual turn signals, (the flasher unit was broken), and he moved the turn signal arm up and down to make the turn signals flash, the inspector believed him and passed him

That YUGO had over 120,000 miles on it when he gave it away, it died 2 months later... :shock:
                            Kevin
                            '93 L (BP{T} Sold
                            '90 L Plus Sold
                            '94 Mercury Capri XR2 sold

Comment

That's funny! I never knew they could get that many miles out of those things. Did he look in Guinness? That may have been the world record. A car that comes close to being as junky as the Yugo - the VEGA. One of GMs first attempts at an aluminum engine(or maybe it was the first?) Let's just say they didn't have aluminum alloys quite figured out in the 70's yet. Most engines were shot by the time they hit 30-40k miles. Then you have to bore and sleeve the cylinders. BAD car.

Comment

Working...
                              X