No announcement yet.

Festiva interior colors ? Rare ones ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The L Plus interior is nice too, plus durable. The later L seats with the vinyl/cloth mix were probably the worst. Always a separation of materials. The early festivas had the best seats.(IMO) Im taking some seats to a good friend of mine for repairs, I worked for his dad back when I was in high school. Its probably more costly than seat swaps but I like saving the original equipment. Plus you dont have to worry about the track swaps.
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
      The L Plus interior is nice too, plus durable. The later L seats with the vinyl/cloth mix were probably the worst. Always a separation of materials. The early festivas had the best seats.(IMO) Im taking some seats to a good friend of mine for repairs, I worked for his dad back when I was in high school. Its probably more costly than seat swaps but I like saving the original equipment. Plus you dont have to worry about the track swaps.

I am agreeing with you on the early Festivas had the best seats.
      My '88 black L, and the '88 LX seats cars both still have solid, tear free materials, and head rests...even tho some wear showing....but the seats show no ripping, or seam rips, separations. It just looks amazing when I see other cars of same age showing worse interiors. My wife drives our '90 L Plus, and kept towels wrapped, tied around front seat, and they look very good too.
      Here is a pic of towel front passenger seat wrapped..not good photo ...but she also did the back seat repair showing with new snap-in buttons showing the back seat
      replacement materials to make a much better appearing rear seat back.

I know, most people don't give a crap, they have told her at work they wouldn't be seen driving such a car !!!
      GGgRRrrr......

Oh well ......

Comment

^that is nice. Why did her coworkers say such a thing ? They probably wont be seen driving one because they cant find one. Jealous haters !
        Last edited by freshtiva; 04-12-2009, 10:47 AM.
        sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I have been laughed at many a time in my white car! But ya know its a very nice car now that i gave it some TLC. Very lovable little thing. Rides like a dream, smells nice, 41.8 mpg with the A/C on and doing 75mph. got its little hickups now and then... uses about a quart of oil every couple weeks but hey for 250k miles id need some extra lube to . That's why i would cry if i ever crashed one.
          "There's no half singing in the shower, your either a rockstar or an opera diva"

88' L (Daily Driver) 88' LX EMERGENSTEVIA

Comment

I'm curious to how many different seat patterns there are??
            ---------------------------------------------------
            The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
            BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Originally posted by MJD View Post
              I know, most people don't give a crap, they have told her at work they wouldn't be seen driving such a car !!!
              GGgRRrrr......

Oh well ......
              Most people are arrogant fools who think they're suppose to use their car to show their status in life.
              Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
              1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
              2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
              2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Mine is half gray and half tan. Is this stock or did someone replace some pieces?
                Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Grey on bottom tan on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Biglay5150 View Post
                    Grey on bottom tan on top?
                    Yes.
                    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

stock...
                      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

^^^Yep

Comment

So....

can anyone tell me for sure if "brown" interior plastic parts are the same as "sandalwood"?

I've bought a couple of "brown-ish" parts that are noticeably lighter than the "brown" parts my stock 88L has (and I'm talking about comparing the backside of parts....where the sun does not shine on them and fade them....such as the back side of the window cranks or the backside of the door latch handles, etc).

Before reading this thread I would have thought that the interior trim came in 3 colors: "gray", "brown" and "sandalwood", but maybe I'm wrong???
                          88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                          88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                          91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                          93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

I have only seen the two colors. Grey, and Sandlewood (brown).
                            Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

there are 3 listed colors as someone mentioned above. grey, tan, and sandalwood. i think it went from sandelwood to tan (or visa versa) from the 80' to the 90's models. now i'm curious. i'll have to look up a few trim #'s to see if they're different. i just HAVE to know this stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X