Festiva #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva #2

Well, saw this Festiva on Craigslist and is only about 50 miles from my house. It's a 1993, 1.3, 5 spd, same as i have now which i turned into the grey ghost. It has 190K miles on it. It looks pretty good shape in the pictures. The guy said he put new head gasket on and had the head milled down to where it was flat. He says he started it up, it ran but when he let off the throttle and let it idle it stops. He is thinking MAF or idle control valve. He was asking 400.00 and i asked what's lowest you will take and he said 300.00. So i'm taking a trailer up to the house and gonna look at it and if it is in good shape, i'm going to get it. So does it sound like it could possibly be maf or idle control. He says he isnt going to sink any more money into it or time. Any thoughts. I found it by going to GIgo-Craigslist state by state search tool.
    Last edited by milehighbear; 04-10-2009, 05:57 PM.
    Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
    93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
    01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Good luck with it, I hope you get it. So is the Rpm so low it just dies or does it sputter to a stop or what ? If he just redid the head maybe he missed something putting it back togather.
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Yea, that's what im thinking also. I'm going to make sure he has the paperwork for getting head done and new gasket. I haven't talked to him that much about it. Figured i would find out tomorrow. If it starts and doesn't smoke, that will be good thing. If it stays running at high rpm, that will still give me the chance to go thru gears letting clutch out each gear to see if it rolls it forward. One thing i noticed was it had rear wiper on hatch. I don't think mine did before i chopped it in half and it's an 93L. Could that mean its a GL or LX.
      01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

No LXs after 1990.
        sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

It's a 93GL. GL had wiper and washer on back standard and L didn't have it. I found a thread Monsoon did with some threads that shows difference between all the Festiva's. TY Monsoon for finding those after the others were deleted.
          Last edited by milehighbear; 04-10-2009, 08:37 PM.
          01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Bear youre very welcome! Im just happy to contribute in some small way that occassionally helps someone.
            Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
            - Unknown
            I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
            - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
            - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Working...
            X