Renault R5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renault R5

I think these cars are gorgeous, and was thinking that, with the Shogun, it's not all that much different from a Festiva! Maybe that just my opinion though. What do you guys think? Do you like em?

Wicked cars!
    1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
    1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
    1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
    1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
    1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
    1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
    1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Oh look, another car America never got to have... *starts to cry*
      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
      1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
      2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
      2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Mine was imported from france, it was only the "alpine" version.

and

OMG I look like i'm twelve!
        Mon arme a moi, c'est un stylo.

Comment

I had a LeCar...I think it was a '79 4-door. French cars don't have a quality reputation, but mine was actually pretty good. It was just the odd things about it that got to me, like no dash vents, black vinyl seats and a radio that faced the roof, not the driver. But overall it was a reliable car.
          If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
          Mark S.

Comment

Learn more about Hang On: Street/Race 1981 Renault R5 Turbo on Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
            BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
            BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
            New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

Awesome...Wasn't the Festiva modeled after the Renault?
              89' Maroon and black Festiva LX with a sunroof. :alien:

Comment

Oooh niice Kofkof. I've never seen one. But now I know there's at least one very nearby to me! Thanks for the links Matt.

Comment

The words 'French' and 'Quality' are always used together.....

The 'French' haven't a clue what 'Quality' is!

It was the death of my '84 Renault that put me into my '92 Festiva.
                  Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                  The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Yep, if I ever get a darn good job cars like these are gonna be gracing my garage with their presence. Women? Who needs em! They make drugs for that now!

Ok, well now you've gotten ------g silly. ~ MONSOON

Comment

Chuck and Rick both stated they got the idea for the shogun from the renault turbo.
                      money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Never had an R5, but had a Dauphine, an R8, and an R10.

Really nice little cars, really well made, even the Dauphine which had a terrible reputation at the time.

I'd have another one in a second. If you like a Festiva, you'll like its French cousin the R5!

Lannis

Comment

i always loved the r5 turbo. my aunt had a dauphine when i was a little kid. it had a cool feature of a cute beep beep horn, and a bigger sounding blast of a horn, as i recall.

i remember looking at the fuego when it came out, but was disappointed it wasnt quicker.

i like some of their new cars. i like the twingo, though it does remind me the yaris. the kagroo i like too. would be neat looking as a 2 dr, with no windows. like the mini clubman but taller.

From our range of SUVs and our iconic All-New CLIO to our award winning electric supermini, ZOE, we have a car to suit your needs. Explore Renault's car range.

Originally posted by FFesti_90 View Post
                          Yep, if I ever get a darn good job cars like these are gonna be gracing my garage with their presence. Women? Who needs em! They make drugs for that now!
                          lol, that made me laugh. thats what im begining to believe too. i guess if i need conversation i can buy a couple parrots with salty vocabularies.
                          Last edited by todd00; 04-16-2009, 03:23 PM.
                          "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

One of my first cars was a '62 Daulphin 4 door. Wouldn't pull the hat off your head with a bungee cord! A friend of mine bought a similar white '62 Daulphin back in the late '70's and installed a 428CJ / C6 in the front and a '57 Ford 9" in the back with a 3.89 Locker. He made a custom tube frame for it. It was poorly engineered and dangerous, to say the least! It met it's end one night when another friend borrowed it to make a beer run and decided to see what would happen during a full-throttle shift into 2nd.

I now have a '63 Renault Caravelle convertible that belonged to my older brother. They were also rear engined and designed by Pininfarina. Kinda looks like a Sunbeam Alpine. We built a tube frame for it and planned to install a 302 Clevor (2V Cleveland heads) and a top-loader 4 speed in the front. Kinda like a mini Cobra/Sunbeam Tiger in concept.
                            That was before we had real jobs and families. Maybe someday...................
                            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

the Caravelle was a neat little car as it was. not any neck breaking performance, but i bet still fun to drive. a 428 in a dauphine, that must have been a real tight fit.

another car i wished they would have imported was the fiat panda, with the 4 wheel drive. lots of neat cars we missed out on over here.
                              "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                              X