who makes the B3 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who makes the B3 ?

is the engine a ford or a import ? looking to change the plugs with some NGK or some DENSO . has autolites in it now i think. 1993 fetiva L
    92 festiva l
    95 civic ex
    08 rdx

It was made by Kia, but I believe it's a Mazda design.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
    88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
    88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
    06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

KIA chassis, Mazda engine and trans.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

The engine is a Mazda B3

Comment

Are all Festiva's engines from Mazda than? I'm new here and I've seeing B3, B6 etc.... what are the diff. I have a 1990 so I have a B3 engine? what is a B3?

Comment

B3 is the 1.3l engine and the B6 is the 1.6l engine. The B6T is the turbo 1.6, etc. You should have a B3 unless someone did an engine swap. The B6 was not an original engine in the Festiva.
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
            88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
            88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
            06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

stock Festiva and Aspire engines, all years, is the Mazda designed and built (not Kia) 1.3L "B3". B3 is the designation of the engine. B is the series, 3 is the tenths of a litre. Mazda also built a B1, B6, B6T (turbo), BP (1.8L), all share the same architecture. They can be interchanged with varying levels of difficulty.

To answer your question, either the Autolites, NGKs or Densos will be fine. I like the NGKs myself. I've always had good luck with them in Mazda engines.
              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

not to mention the B6-me, B6-d, B8, and that little DOHC B3 monster that no one can get their hands on.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Thanks Gentleman great info. here on this forum, I think I will stick around you guys all seem great!!!:wav:

Comment

Working...
                  X