My new edition smokes when started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new edition smokes when started

ok, i know it's the valve guides. They had head off to put new gasket and had it milled down, probably didnt want to do head job with 191000 on it, could have cause other problems. Anyway, here's my question. I have to have it emissioned checked. I already took bleach and put it in tailpipe to clean out alot of old smoke or soot. My next step is to go with a higher weight oil. Does anyone else have any ideas. It only smokes when first start it up for about three minutes. So if i dont let it idle while waiting for it to be tested and make sure its good and hot, what other suggestions. Does that stuff from Bardhal (No Smoke) do any good.
    Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
    93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
    01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Man, I am so glad I don't have to worry about emission checks

Comment

yea, i thought about putting my daughter's address down cause the county they live in doesn't either, but you have to provide a bill in your name from the place you say you live like cable or electrical bill. Sucks, lol
      Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
      93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
      01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Lots of 'Dry Gas' in the tank...helps reduce the stuff they look for.

Warm engine is very helpful

Your proble coiuld be the guides but could also be the sign of rings on their way out or most likely is drivability is good...a valve guide seal(s) is shot or missing.
        Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
        The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Working...
        X