No announcement yet.

Wrecked hot rod!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be passing on some of that extra $100 to your FREE help. Just my 2 cents.
    ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
    #2 .....Cheesehead
    #3 '91 White - Donor Car
    #4 .....Montana Project
    SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
    Bought her back for $450
    Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

Make that 4 cents! That's a fine idea....
      1989 Red L- The Baron
      www.letstalkbeatles.com
      Link to Baron Pics:
      http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
      1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

Originally posted by Levitan View Post
        I'd be passing on some of that extra $100 to your FREE help. Just my 2 cents.
        Already ahead of you guys on this one. Jeff (mechanic) and I have become pretty good friends over the last couple of years and I've sent him a ton of business. He treats people fairly, does a really good job and only charges for his labor (never marks up parts). I've made sure, on more than one occasion, to pay him above and beyond his charges just to say thank you. Jeff's a great guy and I assure you I will take care of him and his crew. Great suggestion and it is well deserved.
        '93 Festiva GL / "HOT ROD"
        '02 F-150 Supercrew
        '02 Excursion 4x4
        '98 Jeep Cherokee Classic Limited

Comment

Score!!!

Got an e-mail this morning that a 93 Festiva was just put on the lot at Pull-a-Part. Went as soon as I could and scored big for things I need to fix Hot Rod.
          Here's a list of what I was able to pull:
          * Hood
          * Hood latch
          * Radiator w/ warranty
          * Grill
          * Cargo cover
          * Numerous nuts, bolts, grommets currently missing from Hot Rod

I was having to work fast because a thunder storm was bearing down on me but managed to just beat the lightening. The car is a 93 sport and I checked her out from front to back. Someone else had beat me to the car and took quite a few parts including mirrors, VC, door handles. Lights were not in good condition, very faded and full of water. The interior didn't look bad but stunk to high heaven. I couldn't even stay in the car due to the smell. In any event I got everything I needed to fix Hot Rod for under $100.

If you are anywhere near Birmingham here's a list of what I had to leave behind in case you need anything. It will probably be another week before I could get back.
          * windows
          * left side fenders in good shape
          * right rear fender okay
          * hatch
          * auto console
          * radio bassel (?)
          * steering wheel
          * disty (though I can't tell how good it is)
          * timing belt looked pretty good but lightening got to me before I got to it
          * both bumpers are in tact

If I get a chance to return this week I will let you guys know but it probably will be another week before I can make the trip.
          '93 Festiva GL / "HOT ROD"
          '02 F-150 Supercrew
          '02 Excursion 4x4
          '98 Jeep Cherokee Classic Limited

Comment

Working...
          X