Got my brake swap today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my brake swap today

Yeah went to Pick-A-Part my local salvage yard, and I had them pull the parts because they gave me like a 100 bucks discount on parts, according to the price sheets I should have got all my parts minus the wheels and tires for close to 250, I got it for 150 plus 29 for them to pull it all. He also gave me the rear struts and springs and the tie rod ends for free.

Everything came off an assfire with 90,000 miles, not as good as some but it was the lowest mileage one out there. Some how though I lost a spring on the ride home, but the struts will be used till I get my Gr-2's next month.

I also scored my wheels and tires for 5 bucks each. A set of 14's off from a Geo prism (I don't know how to spell that). NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD OF "Never-Cease" because those wheels where stuck on there good, me and my brother (Azumazon) had to use a drive axle to pop them off the hubs.

The rims and tires I really wanted where on a 323 sedan with DOHC, all electronic gages, nice little car, my brother was drooling over the beauty of it. But there was only 3 rims on it, DAMIT!

By the way I hauled everything home in the back of my fesitva, The mechanic was laughing at me, but I got the hatch closed, even with my blown rear struts it still handled like a festiva with all that shit:-)

The yard has about 6 festivas in it two with the nice smooth tail lights, and 3 with standard seat belts, I will have to go back for them next month. They also had 4 assfires, along with one waiting to be put in the yard, its was in really good condition, but not ready to be stripped yet:-(

Logan

sand off the rust and paint the stuff and don't be cheap buy new pads rotors drums and shoes or at least re surface the rotors and drums and get new pads and shoes
    the blue b6-ze oh yeah!!

Comment

Nice grab... I got a bunch of my pieces on the $1 day a Harry's... It's $25 to get in, but each part you buy is $1 each (so the brake assembly would be like, $3)
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Hehe.

I hauled my B6 home in my Festiva, as that 'yard couldn't deliver it. I hauled my latest Aspire rear axle home in the back too. Kinda fitting that Luxstiva should carry home its mods herself, eh?

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

haha, I stuck a B6 in the rear of my Festiva too... The whole yard couldn't believe that I wanted to take this engine in the back of the Festiva; with a shortened chain and a good forklift driver, it fit perfectly...
          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I hauled my b6 home in the back of the festy. Along with the dissasembled engine hoist I used to get it in and out.
            OX SMASH!!

Comment

goes to general discussion since your just posting about how you got it
              the blue b6-ze oh yeah!!

Comment

Working...
              X