Cheap new car for my daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap new car for my daughter

My daughter is looking for a new car. Price will be the driving factor, her budget is less than $200 a month. She wants a 5 speed, air and power windows, cd Nothing else.

I was looking around and the focus and Kia Rio seemed like something that would fit her criteria.

Any suggestions (NO Chryslers or GM's)?

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

the kia soul look nice and the top model is only 18,000$ w/ 2.0l and sport tuned suspension!!

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
    1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
    R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
    00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
    03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
    pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
    Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
    Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

New is the only option? I've heard some good things about the Rio since the redesign last year....the Hyundai Accent is very similar and they both have what seems to be a great warranty. Maybe you could find a low-milage Mazda 3 somewhere....my wife's has been a great car from 2006.
      1989 Red L- The Baron
      www.letstalkbeatles.com
      Link to Baron Pics:
      http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
      1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

I don't know about price, but I suggest a 3dr Yaris...I know I want one!
        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

323 protage with 1.8 sohc 16v

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
          1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
          R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
          00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
          03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
          pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
          Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
          Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

ah yes, a Yaris! Or perhaps an Echo. Some good deals can be found on them. The VVT-i motors are bullet proof and get 40-50MPG all day long.

FX
            Because....45 MPG.

Comment

The Nissan Versa 1.6 is only 11990 list price and all you have to add is a radio and that's with air and there are deals so it should be less than that price. New base Focus is not much higher than that also.

Comment

the Aveo is another option, but nothing older than '08, the face change came with other improvements as well. OR, if you can import it, a Chevy Comfort (2-dr hatch! same size as the festy and a 1.6L) and there's options for 1.6T and 1.8L (from the opel family)
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

my parents have a 2001 Focus hatchback, 5 speed, its a fairly peppy car and gets good mileage too and has air conditioning :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

go with a base yaris 3dr!! i have seen them as low as $11,040 around here for the base model (which includes 5 spd and air) ALSO she will have no problem selling the car when she is done with it, they hold their value like you wouldn`t believe.

Check overstock.com's new car section for the best priced new cars in your area, its well worth the time imo.

Comment

I'm gonna take some abuse for saying this, but Chevy Cobalt
                      1992 Subaru Legacy
                      1988 Chevy Caprice Classic

Comment

Originally posted by garylau View Post
                        I'm gonna take some abuse for saying this, but Chevy Cobalt
                        well considering in his post he said NO GM or Chrysler..
                        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                        89L Silver EFI auto
                        91GL Green Auto DD
                        There ain't no rest for the wicked
                        until we close our eyes for good.
                        I will sleep when I die!
                        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

no GMs, and just why not? they're the easiest things to get parts for and fix!
                          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                            no GMs, and just why not? they're the easiest things to get parts for and fix!
                            yes, but that's the problem.... you're ALWAYS fixing them!
                            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Sorry, I missed the "no GM". What do you mean, always fixing them? I've owned too many GM products to count and they have been very good to me. Now Chrysler is another story. Each to his own, though. If everyone liked the same thing it would be a very boring world.
                              Last edited by garylau; 04-27-2009, 12:58 AM.
                              1992 Subaru Legacy
                              1988 Chevy Caprice Classic

Comment

Working...
                              X