Another Festiva in the movies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Festiva in the movies...

They are shooting a movie here in Toronto called "The Untitled History Project". We have a few odd-ball cars sitting at work, such as a Lada Niva, that movie production companies often rent from us. Well yesterday they called looking for another small car that would fit in a scene set in the Philippines... so I told them about the Festiva and they said it was good. So they came and picked it up and brought it to the set this morning.

So in a year or so, look for a blue Festiva in that movie!
    * Retired Festiva-er*
    1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
    B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Cool! They aren't going to wreck it are they? :cry:

Comment

Cool! They aren't going to wreck it are they?

of course what else would they do with it

its sad but true
      -rev till the valves float grab second and haul ass-

Comment

The movie Dick and Jane should be out soon.. Look for Jim Carey to be driving a B6T Festiva in that movie.. I got the info from a pretty good source, but we will see..

Comment

that would be awesome as hell if we see a turbostiva in any movies

lol
          Wil
          02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
          00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
          05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
          93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
          96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
          93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

Is it your Festiva they borrowed?
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

not mine..

Comment

It's my car that they are borrowing. My blue Festiva, not my red one.

Originally posted by seniorsteele
                Cool! They aren't going to wreck it are they?

of course what else would they do with it

its sad but true
                Maybe you're smart enough to lend a car to someone that's going to smash it up, but not me. The car is just going to be used for background scenery.
                * Retired Festiva-er*
                1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!

Comment

well there is a Festiva in the trailer....I sure hope it's a B6T one...would be a nice get away vehicle. it's pretty beat up though, lol

You can watch the trailer here...the Festy is near the end: http://movies.aol.com/franchise/excl...and_jane_movie

Comment

From what I was told, there were 3 of them made. I was also told that the car(s) will be put through hell before their death. But that it would also get tons of airtime.. I don't know in what kind of context the B6t engine will be in, maybe someone tweaks it or they put some kind super fuel in it. But, surely they won't stop to show the b6t.. if they did, it would truely be a hoot.

But after it gets aired and on DVD I'm sure we can get some quotes from the builders and the stuntmen who drove them..

Comment

Fred, don't trust "Hollywood," not even the Canadian equivalent!

Get them to sign a "no Festivas were harmed in the making of this film" form first!

Karl
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I got the car back and its just as good as it was the day it left.
                        * Retired Festiva-er*

Comment

I was watching some old episodes of Dead Like Me and I noticed a festiva in there. Red pre-90 LX with a delivery sign, playing some funky music.
                          OX SMASH!!

Comment

Sears

Ijust seen a Sears comercial were there was a lil festy that could.. hah. no but it was driving through the snow with a giant present on top. it was pretty sweet. :lol:

Comment

haha thats funny, i worked on "dead like me", i built the diner.
                              1989 Miitsubishi Mirage turbo RS, 4G61T, smic, 3"S.S. 13g, EBC,
                              89 LX carb Festy, 5spd, 106xxxkms, 2nd owner.

........Let boost be with you
                              and bring some timing too........

Comment

Working...
                              X