I bought a Cavalier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a Cavalier

It is a 2000 Cavalier four door automatic, air is broke and 118K. He was asking $2000. I got it for $1100. Hope it is good...who knows. It was private party rough book value on Edmunds.com. I figured at that price I could live with no air conditioning. If it lasts me a year I feel I would have gotten my money's worth....I HOPE!!!

now if it was a 91 Z24 it would be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by JoDan View Post
      now if it was a 91 Z24 it would be awesome
      I personally like the 1990 Z24 better. The 90 had the old body style yet had the bigger engine. Best of both worlds in my opinion.
      The Festiva Store
      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Well, it is a 2000...new style, I like both the old Z24 V6 models from 86-94 and the Quad crap new style like my 2000.

Comment

If you have the 2.4L engine....let the fun begin.
          One of the worst engines I've ever worked on in my life.
          Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
          The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

nope..the 2.2 ohv pushrod engine...173K on my corsica..no problems and doesn't burn any oil.

Comment

I'll take the pistons for my s-10
              ---------------------------------------------------
              The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
              ---------------------------------------------------
              BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

I am amazed with the four cylinder in my corsica...original engine....looked at two Accords over the weekend...92 EX auto and 93 Black Anniversary Edition and they both had oil soaked engine bottoms and shifted jerky....the 92 more so and only 107K...the black one had 180K. The Corsica and Cavalier shift smoothly and are both dry of oil leaks. Still, I bet the Hondas will sell easier...and for more money. I just got this as a daily driver until I can find a Festiva. Was tempted with the 58K Aspire five speed I found locally....but decided it wasn't a Festiva and I did not want it.

Comment

Originally posted by stevewl1164 View Post
                  I am amazed with the four cylinder in my corsica...original engine....looked at two Accords over the weekend...92 EX auto and 93 Black Anniversary Edition and they both had oil soaked engine bottoms and shifted jerky....the 92 more so and only 107K...the black one had 180K. The Corsica and Cavalier shift smoothly and are both dry of oil leaks. Still, I bet the Hondas will sell easier...and for more money.
                  of course, because everyone "KNOWS" that Hondas are ALWAYS better than ANY GM product, right? :roll eyes:
                  Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                  Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Before I bought the Cavalier..I looked at new and used..expensive to cheap. At work I could have gotten a 2007 Cobalt with 50K for $7500, a 2006 Sentra 1.8S Special Edition with 30K for $8500 a 2006 Mazda3i for $9700 or a 2007Kia Spectra EX with 16K for $8000. Drove em all...and despite my LOVE for the Mazda3...the Cobalt drove better than ANY of them....even with more miles. I just couldn't believe it! I take that back..the 2010 Mazda3i with 2.0 and five speed auto was fantastic...if ugly outside, but it drove like a dream and the interior was awesome....listed for $19300.

Comment

Steve,

Looked at a 91 Festiva over by NC State. 5 speed trans, No AC

Been parked a year. Has some rust.

Lady wants 500.00

Dean
                      Raleigh, NC
                      The wife and I are attending this meet. Come convoy with us.Come to the 1st annual "Sunshine Meet" March 20th 2010. Details in the thread below.
                      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...292#post295292

www.festivameets.com

Festiva Convoy video link [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyFYJcFBc_g[/urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANbkG...eature=related

3rd Annual Festiva Madness. The largest Festiva Meet ever held of owners and their cars 2009 Festiva Madness link with pictures. 51 Festivas & 4 Aspires from eight states attended.

FM3 short 5 minute clip
                      Link to a short 5 minute clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFyy-zxgV5A

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24695
                      link to 100s of meets pictures and short video clips.http://s1019.photobucket.com/albums/af316/festivameets/
                      4th Annual Festiva Madness meet will be held Oct 2, 2010 in Raleigh, NC
                      Cell is 919-271-5190 deanraleighnc@cs.com

Comment

Steve,

You should have gotten that Aspire. That way when you found the Festiva you want, you would have had a donor for a brake swap!
                        1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
                        1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
                        Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
                        website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

LOL, did not think about that!

Comment

Working...
                          X