No announcement yet.

any1 in pennsylvania paint cars cheap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any1 in pennsylvania paint cars cheap?

im looking for a back yard auto painter...i want to paint my tahoe all black...maaco offered $300 to do it and i hear alot about there quality being poor..plus im sure i can find a BY painter to do it cheaper....not looking for a supreme job...just a quick spray....i can help prep or have preped and ready to spray....photos are in my albums of my truck.....i also have a compressor and hoses if needed...just pm me with prices if this is something you can help me with...thanx every1

ADMIN @ http://ironjuggernauts.com/forum.php?referrerid=1

I've heard maaco is okay if you do a lot of prep work yourself. Good luck. I'd do it if I was in your area and wasn't already buried four cars deep in automotive work. Try posting an ad on craigslist. Given the current economy there's probably someone around you who knows what they're doing and could use the work. Just make sure they have some photos of work they've done and/or references so you don't get screwed over.
    Last edited by garylau; 04-28-2009, 03:18 PM.
    1992 Subaru Legacy
    1988 Chevy Caprice Classic

Comment

painting a tahoe would be ALOT of work. especially if you want it painted black and you want it to look decent. you seriously won`t find anybody in their right mind to consider painting it black with real paint for less than $300. maaco actually does good work for the money if you do your own prep. they also bake the paint on, while not many BY painters have a heated spray booth.

Comment

Pyro....this car was painted by Maaco...

"FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Do you know what paint cost....decent paint isn't cheap.

I painted my Colt Vista a couple of years ago....3 quarts base...3 quarts laquer...1 gallon of thinner...1 gallon cleaner...$180. Not including primer...wet sanding...masking off the car and sealing up the garage. It alot of work.
          Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
          The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

colt vistas are awesome, was your a 4x4? ours was 2wd and was still peppy!
            89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
            94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
            2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
            1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by jglutz View Post
              Do you know what paint cost....decent paint isn't cheap.

I painted my Colt Vista a couple of years ago....3 quarts base...3 quarts laquer...1 gallon of thinner...1 gallon cleaner...$180. Not including primer...wet sanding...masking off the car and sealing up the garage. It alot of work.
              i was gonna have it all ready to spray....just need some1 to spray.....on ebay they sell 1 gallon paint kits ready to spray for $70...walmart sells a auto paint kit with 2 guns,filters,gauges and more for $60....i might just go that route and spray it myself...just gotta borrow my uncles garage....we'll see?

Comment

did you happen to see the $50 paint job thread in custom interiors and exteriors?

"FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                89L Silver EFI auto
                91GL Green Auto DD
                There ain't no rest for the wicked
                until we close our eyes for good.
                I will sleep when I die!
                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                  did you happen to see the $50 paint job thread in custom interiors and exteriors?

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4102
                  no but ill check it out now....thanx

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4102
                    lol...yeah there is tons of videos on youtube of people doing this....believe me i thought about it....and the rattle cans

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
                      colt vistas are awesome, was your a 4x4? ours was 2wd and was still peppy!
                      4WD(viscous couplings) except for the minmal ground clearance...5 door with the third row seat...roof rack...Mitshubishi 4cyl 2.0L. We bought it in May '90...It was a left over '89 without A/C. Paid less than 10K...the dealer put in A/C for free.
                      Except for the minimal ground clearance....It's a great car.
                      Last edited by jglutz; 04-30-2009, 06:15 PM. Reason: speeling
                      Joe Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by pyrothehitman View Post
                        i was gonna have it all ready to spray....just need some1 to spray.....on ebay they sell 1 gallon paint kits ready to spray for $70...walmart sells a auto paint kit with 2 guns,filters,gauges and more for $60....i might just go that route and spray it myself...just gotta borrow my uncles garage....we'll see?
                        Macco sounds pretty good to me.
                        Joe Lutz

Comment

also as of late, Macco has been runnin specials on n off on their cheapest job for like 50% off, i was lookin into it the last time they ran the special but missed out, my white 90L needs painted bad... thank you recent hail storm lol
                          Festy 91L - 210K "Team Festy"
                          00 VW Passat 1.8T - sold
                          02 Saturn SL1 94K "Wifey Mobile"

Comment

Working...
                          X