Well it's official for Chrysler...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it's official for Chrysler...

They're filing for bankruptcy, and the company that is going to have the biggest hand in the cookie jar is Fiat!!!!! Generally, I've turned my nose to anything Dodge/Chrysler since the good ol' days of Barracudas, Super Birds, Chargers, Darts, etc etc etc... but I think an infusion of European handling/gas economy/styling might pay off with some type of Econobox/hot hatch that some of us might warm up to. Any thoughts?

bring on the fiat 500 abarth...always been a fan of hot hatches

Comment

^^^^^What he said!^^^^^^
      1989 Red L- The Baron
      www.letstalkbeatles.com
      Link to Baron Pics:
      http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
      1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

X100000000000000000000000000000000
        '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

About time.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

im interested in seeing what happens down the road, coming from a line of dodge cars (2 stratus' and a shadow) in which burnt a big hole in my pocket, id liek to see something new and exciting that wont break down on me constantly lol
            Festy 91L - 210K "Team Festy"
            00 VW Passat 1.8T - sold
            02 Saturn SL1 94K "Wifey Mobile"

Comment

yeah i like the 500 too. car makers in this country are certainly doing well managing their businesses. what was the ceo of dodge/chrysler making i wonder. i agree maybe some european thinking would change their plan to more logical thinking.
              "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

yeah cause so much changed when they filled last time in the 80's & mercedes bought them up...

Anyways didn't chrysler get sold to a group in kuwait? I dont remember what else happened to mother mopar
                It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

do you think they will cut the challenger? if they dont make any more of those there going to be worth a mint!

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
                    do you think they will cut the challenger? if they dont make any more of those there going to be worth a mint!
                    i drove a Challenger R/T and they got some power nice car i'd like to own an SRT though once they come down in price

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Good thing there are plenty of 2nd gen eclipse around. I never liked dodge/chrysler anyways.
                      ---------------------------------------------------
                      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                      ---------------------------------------------------
                      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

I have 15 plus Mopars, all 1975 and older. The Germans screwed Mother Mopar to death. The Charger was a tudor muscle car, not a fordor Touring sedan. Glad they're gone. Now lets see how bad the Italians screw it up!!!
                        Chuck
                        Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
                        If money will fix it, it's not broken
                        91 GL -Ol' Rusty
                        93 GL - Lil Red
                        91 L - Tweetystiva
                        http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
                        http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

Yesterday I received an order for around $18K worth of Automotive Duty 5HP electric motors from an OEM customer that is building some special production machines for Chrysler Corp.. We originally quoted the project a year ago and it has been a "Go - No Go" several times since then. Now we finally get a PO for the project and the next day I read that Chrysler plans to file Chapter 11. SOUND A LITTLE FISHY TO YOU? I think I'll request 100% down!

Just wait to see what happens with GM (Government Motors). First the CEO who spent his career in the Auto Industry was not good enough. Obama would rather have the same people who did such a bang-up job running Social Security and who said Fanny May and Freddy Mac were doing a great job and were financially solid a couple years ago shape the direction of the auto industry. Apparently, running the nation's economy into the ground qualifies you to manufacture automobiles. Now they're trying to dictate the type of autos GM can and can't build. I honestly believe government control was the real motivation behind the bailouts. Sure, we would have lost millions of jobs, but all they did was postpone the inevitable. They should have let the Free Market run it's course. Bush deserves his share of the blame too since he knew better and even said so as he was doing it.

My life long bias towards FoMoCo aside, at least they had the gonads to tell Congress thanks, but no thanks- Succeed or fail, we'll do it our own way. Judging from their plans for the new Fiesta and Taurus SHO, I'ld say their headed in the right direction.
                          Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                          04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                          62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                          Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Ford seems to be in the best position of the former "big 3". Many new, and most importantly, GOOD products coming, including the Fiesta, new Taurus and the Transit Connect van.

GM also has some great products, but who knows what brand they will now become, since Saturn and Pontiac are saying bye-bye. They had planned on the new Vauxhall Insignia becoming a Saturn, but now it may be a Buick. What will happen to the Vibe? Will it become a Chevy? Will GMC go away, leaving only Chevy to sell light trucks? Etc, etc.....

Chrysler..........Hmmmm. My mother taught me if I can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. However: Fiat needs truck technology and platforms that the do not have (and say what you will about Chrysler, they do have some great trucks/vans). Chrysler needs small car tech which they've never been able to get a handle on, and Fiat is making some cool small and midsized cars.

Just my .02¢
                            If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                            Mark S.

Comment

Go get 'em .....

OK, so it is official. Lets get on, we got to go forward. Yes, I think there are too many car makers right now, and too pricey.
                              But, .....I'll keep my Ram 2500, our 2 Caravans, and the history all behind them. Great cars, great company.
                              Alas, ..just a sad period in time, we all buying what we can afford, and good or better products, Honda, Toyota, Nissan.
                              Times are a changin' , have to go with the flow. I hope we try to keep and buy American though. We need to help and support one another in our USA !
                              Best of luck to Mopar......and GM !
                              Sad to see Pontiac going south ......

mjd

Comment

Working...
                              X