Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine oil leaks from the rocker cover

Hello to every one and this is my first post :blob2:

Tena koe and kia ora to you all from Aotearoa (New Zealand)

To get to bottom of my story I had quite a leak from the rocker cover and despite my best efforts and lots of KIWI ingenuity I could not solve this problem,

baffled and bewildered and peeved at the blobs of oil on my drive way I decided to strategically place bits of cardboard around the engine bay drool

So the upshot was the fuel pump had a pin hole in the diaphram and this would cause the oil to leak as it must have been acting like a small pump,so I was off to the auto wreckers and hay presto:p:p no more oil leak

I hope that can resolve one very frustrating problem

The little beast has nearly clocked 240,000ks and running as sweet as a nut, zips along although the gear sift has got a little sloppy...anyway I will reveal a few more mysterious cures for my little Blue Festiva later....:laughing8:
    Last edited by sanjeet; 05-04-2009, 01:21 AM. Reason: typo
    "all I ask is the chance to prove that money won't make me happy":simon:

Welcome!!
    If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
    Mark S.

Comment

Welcome to the site...hope you like what you see. What year is your car?
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Kia ora! Are there a good supply of Festivas and Festiva parts down there? My girlfriend wants to take me back to Porirua and I'm going to need a project when we get there!
        2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
        1991 Ford Festiva LX
        1989 Mazda 323 GT

Comment

GenevaDirt my festiva is a 1992 model four door, and EightZero one of the cheapest places is "Pick a Part" in Wingate, Naenae, Lower Hutt, used to cost a dollar to cruise the place but you should find the odd Festiva or Mazda, you need you own tools but it is as cheap as chips, and must wear covered foot wear.
          "all I ask is the chance to prove that money won't make me happy":simon:

Comment

Well that's easy, 'cause all I wear is covered foot wear. Thanks for the info!
            2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
            1991 Ford Festiva LX
            1989 Mazda 323 GT

Comment

Working...
            X