A Fine Day at the Stall-Mart!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Fine Day at the Stall-Mart!

I was looking at the inventory at my local Pull-a-Part and noticed there was a Festiva that had been brought in and the auto notification they offer hadn't....well,...notified me. So, with nothing to do on a Monday, I went down there and looked at it....it looked pretty sorry from a distance. As I got closer, I noticed the headrests were the detatcheable kind I've seen here on LX models....this was a 1988 Festy, but they don't tell you anything else. I looked inside and the front seats were trashed! Someone had beaten me to it! The dash had been dug through and the floor was absolutely FULL of water bottles and water....and it looked like someone had tried to make a Truckstiva out of it and then decided not to because there was a 12" cut in that place you'd start to do that. I looked in the back and pulled away a pile of plastic water bottles to reveal and dirty, but untorn, split-folding rear seat! I also noticed there was a center console, but it was missing the boot. In all, I pulled the rear seat, the console, a cargo cover in not-too-bad shape, an electric side mirror switch and a rear wiper switch. I was pushing my wheelbarrow towards the front when I recalled something I think FestyFXI said once about what happens to underseat trays....they just get tossed in the back full of little parts. I raced back to the car and found the underseat tray, slightly cracked but fixeable in the back! I quickly removed the passenger seat and got the rails and headed out with all the brackets sitting in the tray...as I was checking out, the guy said I could keep the parts tray!! I haven't decided what I'm gonna do with these things yet, but sometimes you just feel like Indiana Jones when you find cool stuff, eh?
    Last edited by Sparky; 05-04-2009, 06:42 PM.
    1989 Red L- The Baron
    www.letstalkbeatles.com
    Link to Baron Pics:
    http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
    1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

It's always someone else who finds the good stuff! All the Festys I find are base model, No-Options-What-So-Ever, cars!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy all your new goodies. At least they're getting used and not being scrapped.
    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Hey all,

Nice finds, are the seat trays rare? I picked up the entire interior from a festy someone had turned into a race car and its in real good shape. I think I recall the seat tray being one. Seats are pretty nice too

Jeremy.S
      Jeremy.S
      1988 black lx 5spd cancer victim
      1989 red lx 5spd , cancer free lots o options,
      1983 Subaru GL 4x4 wagon, It's a monster!

Comment

Yes, they are quite rare...I have owned 4 Festys and this is the first one I have seen in person.
        1989 Red L- The Baron
        www.letstalkbeatles.com
        Link to Baron Pics:

Comment

Originally posted by FestivaFan View Post
          All the Festys I find are base model, No-Options-What-So-Ever, cars!
          I think you just invented a new acronym for us Festiva lovers: NOWSE.
          If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
          Mark S.

Comment

Originally posted by deathegg View Post
            I think you just invented a new acronym for us Festiva lovers: NOWSE.
            That's funny.

But seriously, around here finding even a passenger-side mirror is hard.
            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

I didn't want to start another thread for this, but I went to a different JY today and found a 1989 Mercury Tracer with an imacculate interior...I snagged the front seats, the console on the off chance it might fit a Festy, and the signal/wiper/intermittant wiper/cruise switch assembly. Looks like I might have struck out on the console, but I am trying to figure out how to put the seats in because the rails are different...I'll post my solution when I find it!
              1989 Red L- The Baron
              www.letstalkbeatles.com
              Link to Baron Pics:

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky View Post
                I didn't want to start another thread for this, but I went to a different JY today and found a 1989 Mercury Tracer with an imacculate interior...I snagged the front seats, the console on the off chance it might fit a Festy, and the signal/wiper/intermittant wiper/cruise switch assembly. Looks like I might have struck out on the console, but I am trying to figure out how to put the seats in because the rails are different...I'll post my solution when I find it!

There's a guide around here on how to switch the seat rails onto other seats.

Comment

Yeah, I saw those, but they usually either took the donor seats and mounted them on the Festiva bottom tracks or made adaptors to make them fit....what I'm going to try to do is take the claws off the bottom of the Festiva seats and bolt/weld them to the bottom of the Tracer seats...I'm hoping that I can keep the cool adjustments on the driver's side Tracer seat!
                  1989 Red L- The Baron
                  www.letstalkbeatles.com
                  Link to Baron Pics:

Comment

Working...
                  X