Free Car!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Car!!!

I bought a 1996 Geo Prizm LSI with cold air, automatic, cruise, abs, 85K one-owner, no accidents for $1500. Thought my neice would want it..she did not. I posted it on craigslist and sold it for $2600...$1100 profit...which is what I paid for my 2000 Chevy Cavalier with 118K two weeks ago. That means the Cavalier was "free"...cool, huh?

Nice! Now that's the way to do it!
    -Josh R

Comment

thats nice when it works out that way. good karma going for you.
      "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Not only that...I got $2800 for pain and suffering with no lawyer from an accident I was in in my work truck last August...so that is $3900 free money
        Last edited by stevewl1164; 05-07-2009, 06:46 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Should of got rid of the cavi. I'm diggin that prism.....nice candidate for a swap.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          ---------------------------------------------------
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

yeah, if I had kept the Prizm I would have gotten the Prizm for only $1500...a great deal....but thought what a cool way to get a free car...so I did it and it worked. Now I have money for a Festiva

Comment

Originally posted by stevewl1164 View Post
              Not only that...I got $2800 for pain and suffering with no lawyer from an accident I was in in my work truck last August...so that is $3900 free money
              Not really free. You did have pain and suffering right. It was compensation, not a handout. :-)
              -Bryant

Comment

That's pretty cool Steve. Are you going to fix the AC on your Cavalier now? I don't know though... I would have kept the Geo (aka: Toyota since that model was basically the same car) since it would outlive the Cav by twice the life.

I see the Corsica in the background?
                www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
                www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
                Snoopy's
                4621 Atlantic Ave
                Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

Yep, that is mt beloved Corsica....did I say that! It has been a good one, got it at 161K and now 175K and paid $500 fo it over a year ago. The Cavalier has the same engine and tranny as the Corsica...so it hopefully will do at least as many miles. The people who got the Prizm LOVE it. My sister-in-law was looking a car for her daughter and we got her a 98 Protege LX auto for $2500 http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/1160109195.html
                  hope the auto tranny is good! Only has 88K. The only problem is the left rear brake light goes out when the lights are on and the third brake light is out. Is that a wiring issue? I missed it when we looked at it...noticed when she dropped me off.

Comment

Sounds like a good deal to me!

Comment

Working...
                    X