Is this web site getting to anal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this web site getting to anal

I think that the website is getting to specific on categories and discussions, and rules, anyone else? I don't know if its just me, or is it I find myself confused over where to put anything any more.

You changed all the suspension, engine, audio to CUSTOME ONLY. So that means everything else we normally talk about gets lumped into general discussion. So when someone does a search, they are going to be searching through so much stuff in General Discussion they are going to get discuraged.

I think you need to remove the custome only... Im saying this in a mean way, just talking about it :-)

If you need repair help in any way with an oem part. You post in the repair help forum... if you are modifying or installing aftermarket parts it's custom.

Comment

i agree... there's not enough happening on this board for all the categorization. it's over-managed.

If there were hundreds of people posting every day it might be different but who's going to take the time to look in each separate forum? I dont find myself doing that which is unfortunate because once I get familiar with these cars i'll have a lot to offer the newcomers. I like to help people when I can but i'm not going to scour through the other sections looking for something to do. I dont' have time for 5 stop shopping.

Because of the small size and low participation of this particular group of people it seems like it would be much more efficient and productive to have the main area be where all discussion occurs only excluding off-topic type stuff.

Comment

i happen to like the new organization on here. its easier to find stuff and know what your reading....btw...i like the "owner of this popsicle stand" under your name dj EDIT: where did it go?
        90 L FI..second B3
        90 L Parts car
        Jay

Comment

Actually we have consolidated a bunch of forums.

Comment

Re: Is this web site getting to anal

Originally posted by Gforcefd
            I think that the website is getting to specific on categories and discussions, and rules, anyone else? I don't know if its just me, or is it I find myself confused over where to put anything any more.

You changed all the suspension, engine, audio to CUSTOME ONLY. So that means everything else we normally talk about gets lumped into general discussion. So when someone does a search, they are going to be searching through so much stuff in General Discussion they are going to get discuraged.
            I think that the site was WAY too unorganized prior to the changes. Everythnig was done for a reason, and it's to simply the lives of the staff and you.

As DJ said... If it refers to an aftermarket part, something CUSTOM, it will go into that specific area. If it's a question regarding the availablity of the above, it would go in there.

If it's "I blew up my engine and it doesn't want to go anywhere" it will be placed in the "Repair Help Forum".

The General Discussion and Off Topic forums, I would like to see as one area. General is for talk about car-related topics and the Off Topic is for anything. I'd like one general, "area" for anything that's not specific to Festivas, cars, etc. and have it be an "anything non-technical or anything off-topic.

Your statement about searching is incorrect. If someone posts something in one forum or another, and UserXYZ searches all the forums, they would find the post no matter where it was placed.

We organized it this way so that everything is lumped into the specific area that it should be.

We didn't change the board to jump down anyones throat or make it "difficult" to use... Hell, I'd say this is the most relaxed board I've EVER been on with the off-topic posts, wrong forum posts, etc. and now that we want to get a handle on it, you bitch about it.
            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Here is the reasoning:

This forum has been too undermoderated for TOO long...you simply have become accustom to posting shit wherever you wish.

If we want this forum to be a useful tool, threads NEED to be moved to their proper forums. This way our search function will actually get people answers more effectively.

And the mass majority of misplaced threads are pertaining to the repair/help forum. People who ask "how do i chagne my valve cover gasket" in the Engine/Drivetrain performance section are posting it in the wrong forum. A topic like that should be posted in repair/help since it has nothing to do with performance.
              Wil
              02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
              00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
              05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
              93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
              96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
              93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

the help repair forum will welcome you with open arms , as there are a few mechanics that cruise though on occasion looking to help where they can.

Comment

Working...
                X