no name car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no name car

i found a mercury that has 14 inch aluminum wheels that will fit my festy with (by eyeballing it) the same or near the same offset. its sitting in a field so i have to find out who owns it and see if i can make a deal. anyway the car is a mercury something or other. there is no identification ANYWHERE to find out what kinda car this is. no obvious decals or anything on it.....NO id in either door well....under the hood....nothing in the glove compartment. it looks to me as an early 90s or late 80s. its about the same size as my festy but a ragtop...the back seat is about half the size of the festys. i dont know what the hell it is tho. it has little ragtop left in it so i kinda searched it to find out any id of what kinda car it is mainly to look at a junkyard for the same model. looked under the hood and found someting else that cought my eye. only thing i could make out on the motor ID tag was the letters BP....saw the DOHC 16 Valve valve cover and it had a little turbo on the back side.....but looked too big for the festy engine bay.
    90 L FI..second B3
    90 L Parts car
    Jay

like this?:

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

if its not it is realy close to it...no spoiler...dont think it is as long as the capri but then again could be...im going to check it out after work
      90 L FI..second B3
      90 L Parts car
      Jay

Comment

it is a capri....got ahold of the owner. he said he put new brakes on it 2 weeks before he parked it bc he used one of those title loan places and never payed them back. will the brakes fit on a festy?
        90 L FI..second B3
        90 L Parts car
        Jay

Comment

If it's a 5 spd you have your g25m-r trans also has a B6 DOHC non turbo engine. Brakes and wheels won't fit the Festiva. The offset is wrong and iirc, they are 14's.. maybe with low profile tires and spacers they'd be ok..??

Comment

it is indeed a 5 speed but the motor does have a turbo on it. the wheels may not fit after thinking it over. the offset is close but the wheel is wider...what does iirc mean?
            90 L FI..second B3
            90 L Parts car
            Jay

Comment

if I remember correctly..

Comment

Here is the Capri XR-2 Engine bay

Comment

thats it...how wide are stock festiva wheels? im going to try to see if they will fit just for the hell of it. u think they will rub on the inside?
                  90 L FI..second B3
                  90 L Parts car
                  Jay

Comment

They did on my 91 when I tried them :wink:

Comment

are you buying this car? What about the B6T? What did ya hear about that from the owner?

Comment

oh that too...he said it ran fine but has not tried to start it in over a year...the odometer only has 56 thousand on it. il ask him what he will take for it. i want to do the swap but i only have one car at the moment and would have no way to get to work while i do it. i want to wait till i can find another festiva with a better body than the one i got. il call him and see what he wants for it
                        90 L FI..second B3
                        90 L Parts car
                        Jay

Comment

ok...your right about the wheels they rub the shock tower. its a 91 capri XR2 1.6 turbo. he said 200 and i can have it....good or bad price as the motor will be the only usefull thing on it for me?
                          90 L FI..second B3
                          90 L Parts car
                          Jay

Comment

200? I paid 300 for mine.. and the turbo was shot..

Comment

I believe DJ thinks 200 is a good price.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                              X