starlet gt turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starlet gt turbo

yeah its a toyota, but thought it was a pretty nice looking car.
    right hand drive from japan. certainly rare to see in the states. i was gonna ask him how he got it licensed in florida. the white one he has pictured as a stock photo i like better. the smaller dual round headlights would look nice on a festiva, if there would be room somehow or another.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

I dont see that being legal to drive.
    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
    1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
    2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
    2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

why not, because its right hand drive? he appears to have tags on it.

Comment

Ive seen plenty of RH drive cars in Florida. They dont seem to have a problem with it. I know I dont.
        Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
        - Unknown
        I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
        - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
        - Bumper Sticker

Comment

if you mean because its really a 90's model, ive seen pple importing mini's do the same thing. in the case of the mini's i figured all their paperwork would say an earlier yr than it actually was. of course they all look pretty much alike. i did write the guy, as i was curious about the cars history.

Comment

i beleive vehilcles need to be either 20 or 25 years old to be legal to import/register in the states, in canada they only need to be 15 years old :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

yeah its 25 here. as i say ive seen them do it with mini's that are over here. the title and paperwork the buyer gets would say a year that makes it legal. thats how im assume they do it. be harder with some other cars.

i think the starlet looks nice, but id rather have the gtx festiva.

Comment

Saw one of those last weekend here is Calgary. Both my wife and I liked it!
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

I would rock that....part time...lol
                  "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                  89L Silver EFI auto
                  91GL Green Auto DD
                  There ain't no rest for the wicked
                  until we close our eyes for good.
                  I will sleep when I die!
                  I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

only righty's i ever seen was mail trucks....i did see a female postal worker in a standard car sitting in the pass side and driving mailbox to mailbox....that was weird

ADMIN @ http://ironjuggernauts.com/forum.php?referrerid=1

Comment

VERY nice! I'd love one of those! The GT on the hatch lights up green...
                      And they haul too.

Comment

In the US it requires to be at least 25 years old or enough have to be imported so they can use them for crash test. Thats the first one I've seen in the states and I would like to know how they got it here and legal to drive. It doesnt matter that its RHD, its the fact that in the US we have to have the crazy safety crap.
                        Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                        1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                        2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                        2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

i dont know chris, he didnt respond back to my email. but we talked a bit about this on the toyota van forum. pple were saying there are quite a few of the classic nissan skyline's in florida, imported from japan, but not old enough to be admitted to the states. i was gonna check out their forums and see what i could find out about how they licensed them there.

Comment

i found a couple interesting articles about trying to import the nissan skyline. makes me wonder how he got the car registered. he may have said it was to be a show car, but you can only drive them a couple thousand miles a yr in that case. or maybe his car is a legal federalized model, but he didnt mention that. lot of red tape and hassle, and scams it looks like. just cuz the usa has to play big brother some of the best looking cars we never see.

Last edited by todd00; 05-12-2009, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X