Memorial day salute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial day salute

My Dad and his three brothers all served in WWII and returned home, somehow, unharmed though seeing major fighting. My Dad and his oldest brother fought in the Pacific theatre while the other two fought in Europe. While they came home many of their friends did not and all for our freedom. While this is certainly not the only war to have been fought the men and women from the WWII era are certainly well regarded as The Greatest Generation. Please take time today to remember those who have fallen and those who still fight today. They do it proudly for us.
    '93 Festiva GL / "HOT ROD"
    '02 F-150 Supercrew
    '02 Excursion 4x4
    '98 Jeep Cherokee Classic Limited

Here Here to those that have served and continue to serve

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
    92 GL - parts car
    97 aspire - parts car
    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

God bless all the members serving and please protect those so far away from home and a big blessing to the familys. It isn't easy being a military family and having your loved one far away from home. There were a couple times during my 20 year career that i had to leave my family back in the states, but the military is one big family and they had people who shared the same thing helping them. Freedom is not free. Bless you all
      Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
      93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
      01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

God bless our military! Thanks to all, and my hubby!
        She leaves her footprints in the sand...HKV!
        Tiffany Litke :angel13:

Comment

My grandfather on my mothers side was in France in WWII and made it back. He was in the Canadian Army. My grandfather on my dads side is a Pearl Harbor survivor. The flag is flying high at my house.

Comment

Dad served in the USAF for over 20 years, my Uncle Robert drove a tank for the army in Vietnam and my very own big brother David was an Airborn Ranger till a cute fail trashed his sholder. This is as far back as I know. I'm very proud of these guys. I'm proud all of the men and woman soldiers.
            Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

I just got done playing the star spangled banner with my trombone at the memorial day progam our school had. I was proud to play!
              -Josh R

Comment

My Vietnam Veteran group just got back from DFW Airport. 107 soldiers came in. We were placed behind the families who had soldiers coming in. Massive turnout!!!!! You should have seen the faces on the soldiers as they walked the gauntlet of people wanting to shake their hand or give them a hug. Very moving.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWheel View Post
                  My Dad and his three brothers all served in WWII and returned home, somehow, unharmed though seeing major fighting. My Dad and his oldest brother fought in the Pacific theatre while the other two fought in Europe. While they came home many of their friends did not and all for our freedom. While this is certainly not the only war to have been fought the men and women from the WWII era are certainly well regarded as The Greatest Generation. Please take time today to remember those who have fallen and those who still fight today. They do it proudly for us.

My Dad was in the Pacific also in WWII , USS GAR , battle ship for a while , but spent most of his time on/in a submarine.

Makes me wonder how many are still alive that would remember old friends or the names of ships .
                  ------------------------------------------------
                  The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                  Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                  HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                  Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                  Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                  Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                  Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                  90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                  It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Originally posted by packrat427 View Post
                    My Dad was in the Pacific also in WWII , USS GAR , battle ship for a while , but spent most of his time on/in a submarine.

Makes me wonder how many are still alive that would remember old friends or the names of ships .

Dad was in the Navy and worked as a Metal Smith on Leyte Island, Philippines. His primary job was refitting and repairing planes damaged from battle. His older brother was a Marine that served at Guadalcanal, Solomon Islands. Neither spoke much of their experiences but from the few pictures I've seen that they brought home I can understand why. Schools are not teaching today's generation about these men and it's a shame. I'm reading a book now by Oliver North called War Stories II, The Pacific which is incredible. It's not an easy read but very telling of what this generation did for us.
                    '93 Festiva GL / "HOT ROD"
                    '02 F-150 Supercrew
                    '02 Excursion 4x4
                    '98 Jeep Cherokee Classic Limited

Comment

My uncle served as an medic and was in the European Theater, going in D-Day plus 2...like most of these brave men, he didn't say much about what he saw there until much later. I was fortunate enough to have a number of conversations with him about it before he passed on last year. His take on it all was this: the job had to be done, so we did it. Very matter-of-fact....thank you to all our brave veterans!
                      1989 Red L- The Baron
                      www.letstalkbeatles.com
                      Link to Baron Pics:
                      http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
                      1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

Stupid me, my dad was in the army and was in Germany and got shot and was presented the purple heart. He passed away in 71 and i was fortunate to be home on leave from Florida when he passed away. I was named after the guy that picked my dad up and carried him to safety.
                        Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
                        93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
                        01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Thank you to all who have served this country! I appreciate your sacrifices.
                          Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                          - Unknown
                          I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                          - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                          - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Working...
                          X