'81 f100 HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '81 f100 HELP

I have a 1981 F100 Stepside. The kingpins were siezed up. The driverside pin came out after heating & beating. The passengerside pin won't come out. I'm trying to find a spindle & I beam to fit it, but it seems it's a very specific part made only for the '80/'81. I have the 300 straight 6 which makes the part even harder to find. Any advice would be appreciated.

If you were in ks I would say come get mine because I just happen to have a 81 f100 flareside with 2 302's just wasting at my parents house... The motor in it is a 302 4brl high output and the other one is just out of an 80's crown vic. Both need rebuilt the vic one ran when I got it but it been sitting for like 5yrs.

Comment

Very Very tempting!!!!

Comment

Just checked. 309 miles oneway. Still, very tempting.

Comment

Hahaha it is blue and white paint not great but last time was their no rust. Inside has no carpet with little rust on floor, wood grain grant steering wheel, newer speakers with tweeters mounted in the cover for the seat belts. I have accel plugs autozone wires new valve cover,oil pan, intake manifold gaskets on the vic motor but the motor hasnt ran since put them on. Umm new fuel filter I have both of the factory 2brl and 4brl holley carbs with intake manifolds. Neither of them has the ac compresser.

Comment

Keep talkin! Youll have him makin a road trip!
            Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
            - Unknown
            I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
            - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
            - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Oh the wood bed needs replaced the people b4 me put plywood in it.... umm trying to think but I believe that may be all the parts I have. It does need work to run or would be good for parts.

Comment

I'm thinkin' parts truck. Got a price in mind? Could definetly turn into a roadtrip.

Comment

I would keep the 6 popper in it! I've always wanted an old '79 f100 short box single cab. with a straight 300 6, 2wd, manual. drool

Or a 1979 f350 crew cab 2wd with a custom non-turbo 7.3L diesel, with a 5spd
                  -Josh R

Comment

Originally posted by 91blufestiva View Post
                    I would keep the 6 popper in it! I've always wanted an old '79 f100 short box single cab. with a straight 300 6, 2wd, manual. drool

Or a 1979 f350 crew cab 2wd with a custom non-turbo 7.3L diesel, with a 5spd
                    add ab out 6 years to the first one, and you pegged mine. '73
                    -Tim
                    93 Festy L- Little Red
                    98 Ranger- The golf ball
                    92 Accord- The $20 car (R.I.P)
                    73 F-100 (looking for a 302)

"Wait... you mean they pay people to fix their cars? Idiots..."

Comment

Finally found the parts I needed. They are in Oklahoma. I'm having them shipped overnight. Still need to put in the new windshield and steering column. Should be on the road next weekend!!!!

Comment

good to hear!
                        -Tim
                        93 Festy L- Little Red
                        98 Ranger- The golf ball
                        92 Accord- The $20 car (R.I.P)
                        73 F-100 (looking for a 302)

"Wait... you mean they pay people to fix their cars? Idiots..."

Comment

That is good to hear man I still have my truck if you want it or know anyone that would. I am pretty reasonable with the price.

Comment

Working...
                          X