No announcement yet.

This just in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graywolf, thanks for your service to our country. Not to sound like Liddy, but thanks.

Also heard that Saturn was more or less sold, but not sure to whom. Kinda sad, in a way, watching companies that have been around all of my life (GM and Chrysler) going the way of the dodo. And pretty much for the same reason. Too stupid to figure out how to avoid being killed.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Roger Penske now owns Saturn.
      Is that someone there ??? 1981 VW diesel pickup---1988.5 Suzuki Samurai tin top---1993 Festiva---1974 Bricklin SV-1 ( very thirsty basket case)---2003 Tracker(bells and whistles)

)

Comment

Thank you it is the support of family and people like you that make me being over here worth it. I have never been a big fan of saturn and their is some pontiacs I like but overall not really. I always wanted a HMMWV until I drove one and now not so much. Course all my experiences are older ones that are na and have been through a couple deployments. I read something that said sales are down like 60 sum percent this year so it does not surprise me that they are selling hummer.

Comment

^^ And gas prices on the way back up ain't gonna help.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by econoaddict View Post
            Exactly, I bet all the soldiers that rely on Hummers for transport daily will be real happy about this. *insert sarcasm here*

Our son in Texas, stationed at Ft. Hood, told us that a basic Humvee as it arrives at the post as a plain Hummer, is at $27,000. Each ! Before any warfare, radios, ammo stuff, special armor, glass, etc. He deals a lot with them, gets parts for them, overhauls them in combat zone over in Iraq, tries to keep them going, usable.
            He has been there 2 times, seen a lot of things he never dreamed he would, been in unpleasant environment, he seems so much smarter than his old man, I am in awe at what he knows, and can do.
            I do truly salute him, and the guys and gals in our military !! :-)

mjd

Comment

Yeah and they are very basic... I am signal so we have had to do some of the radio stuff on them. But yeah adding armor makes them very heavy and I have even seen improvised armor like they will take extra bullet proof windows and weld them on the doors.... The mrap on the other hand was designed to be armored so they work better, top heavy as heck but still better.

Comment

Working...
              X