No announcement yet.

What do you guys do for in-car storage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys do for in-car storage?

I've got the little "console" (shelves beneath the radio) and the glove box, of course, but how do you guys deal with other storage needs? Any particularly good method of storing slightly larger things that would ordinarily go into a center console/armrest compartment? I know those older LX cars had underseat bins, but even they don't look especially cavernous. I've got a cargo cover over the hatch area if something needs to be hidden from view, but that's not exactly accessible from the driver's seat. Thanks for any ideas (or improvised solutions)!

i use the space under my seat to fit stuff under there, and the gauges i have in my car have a nice space for my walet and cell phone, and the door pockets come in handy too...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

I find that a layer of used coffee cups on the floor of the passenger area gives the car a cozy, lived-in feel. Beyond that, I try not to clutter up the cargo area so that I can get to my emergency stuff back there in case of an emergency.

I've got plans for a "commuter desk" on the passenger side that require a chunk of 3/4" plywood and an afternoon in the shop. If ever completed, I'll post pics here.

B
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."

Comment

I put aspire seats in my car freshtiva. They have a big giant pocket behind the seat, pefect for storing your playboys or your laptop.

This car also has the underseat tray

Last edited by freshtiva; 06-03-2009, 09:51 AM.
        sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I Want Door Pockets!!! It's like pocket cup. But better... and in a festiva not on my shirt
          "There's no half singing in the shower, your either a rockstar or an opera diva"

88' L (Daily Driver) 88' LX EMERGENSTEVIA

Comment

^ oh yeah, like fastiva1988 said,,map pockets are handy too.
            sigpic

Comment

No wonder the Canucks love those underseat storage boxes. They double as coolers!

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                This car also has the underseat tray

I know that's just for transporting to picnics and such, because I know you would never drink and drive.

Right?
                Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by Hodag'stiva View Post
                  No wonder the Canucks love those underseat storage boxes. They double as coolers!
                  Except they'd be Alexander Keiths.

I have a big storage area in the back. Anything I need to store goes into the unsorted file. Oh, and it never gets sorted, unless I need something from the bottom of the pile.
                  2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
                  1991 Ford Festiva LX
                  1989 Mazda 323 GT

Comment

Originally posted by EightZero View Post
                    Except they'd be Alexander Keiths.
                    My one night drinking in Ottawa was chock full of Molson Canadian. I think because the mining engineer I was hanging with like saying, "And another Canadian for my American!"

Nice guy, he gave me the full experience, including the hockey argument peppered with profane Qubecois with the guy at the corner of the bar. As I understand it, Mario Lemieux was the greatest player ever and woe to the man who disagrees with this position.

If Nova Scotia beer is so great, why does Julian always drink rum & coke?

Comment

One of you with the underseat tray should insulate it somehow, and run an A/C duct to it to make it a cooler!
                      If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                      Mark S.

Comment

Originally posted by Hodag'stiva View Post
                        If Nova Scotia beer is so great, why does Julian always drink rum & coke?
                        That's a good question! I'd say because he's too awesome to drink it...maybe...

And, to the main topic, if you were to make the underseat tray into a cooler, wouldn't you need to get a lid for it?
                        2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
                        1991 Ford Festiva LX
                        1989 Mazda 323 GT

Comment

Originally posted by EightZero View Post
                          That's a good question! I'd say because he's too awesome to drink it...maybe...

And, to the main topic, if you were to make the underseat tray into a cooler, wouldn't you need to get a lid for it?
                          details details lol

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                          92 GL - parts car
                          97 aspire - parts car
                          87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                          http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                          Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Originally posted by FestivaFan View Post
                            I know that's just for transporting to picnics and such, because I know you would never drink and drive.

Right?
                            I do not drink and drive. I think I was enjoying those libations as I was installing the tray. I was told it works as wrench fuel.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all of the responses. I think I will have to make better use of the map pockets!! I found in another thread how people have been using the rear ashtray (when removed) as a cup holder, and it works remarkably well.

I don't want to take this too off-topic, but speaking of "storage" stuff, does anyone know what those two extra ropes that feed to the underside of the cargo cover are supposed to hook up to? I know the two main ropes go to the hatch, so that it's flipped upward when you open it. But the two auxiliary downward ropes have me kind of stuck. For now they're just dangling.

Comment

Working...
                              X