Probably junking my Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably junking my Festiva

Today I came across a 1988 Caprice Classic with a 305, 4bbl, and only 63k. I've always loved these cars, and had to buy it. I can't currently justify keeping everything, so the Festiva is going to have to go. I do, however hope to find a more solid one in the future. It sucks that I never even got to drive this car. I know with the b6 or b8 swap I was hoping to do, it would have been a fun little ride. I want to thank everyone who has offered advice, and a couple people who sold me parts. You really are a great group of people. I'll still be around and hopefully I can be active in this again someday soon. I will grab what I can off the car in the little time I have and post them for sale to try to recover some of my investment. If anyone has anything specific they would like, pm me and if it's not a difficult part to remove, I'll grab it for you.
    1992 Subaru Legacy
    1988 Chevy Caprice Classic

Junk the VW, pass on the caprice. Mod the festiva, DD the protege
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    ---------------------------------------------------
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Dang, we barely got to know you ! Hopefully you'll find a solid one and stick around !
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
        Junk the VW
        Blasphemy! I don't want to junk the Festiva, but I can't see anyone in my area wanting to buy it. This is only a delay, and I will be watching for a more solid one in the future. The Protege is very rusty underneath and not worth too much effort. Honestly, I should have thought that one through a little more before I bought it. I got it so cheap though, that after I'm done selling a few parts and scrapping it, I will make a small profit. I have way too much time and work stuck into the VW to get rid of it, since I would never be able to recover enough of my investment. Besides, it's kind of a fun car and it's been good to me (mostly). Truthfully though, I considered selling it anyway and modding the Festiva, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Basically I got myself into a position where I have too many projects to deal with.
        Last edited by garylau; 06-04-2009, 07:33 AM.
        1992 Subaru Legacy

Comment

Well, I called the scrapyard to have them pick up the protege, and I couldn't quite bring myself to add "and a festiva" when I was on the phone with the guy. The fact that my seat covers came in today from deathegg didn't make it any easier to let it go. I guess since I've already gone through a lot of trouble collecting parts, it's hard to let someone haul it off for $70. I think as long as I have a place to store it, maybe I'll build it little by little as time, funds, and the availability of cheap parts allows.
          1992 Subaru Legacy

Comment

not sure where you are located exactly (ive never been to WI), but if you have a place to let a car sit for a little while its always worth at least trying to sell it before you junk it. im sure someone would buy it for at least what they give you! and this way someone else gets to enjoy it. =)

good luck.

Comment

If you weren't so freaking far away, I'd definitely take it off your hands for scrap price.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

man.... too bad that gas prices are so much, otherwise i'd head down w/ the F-150 and the car hauler and get it from you
                -Tim
                93 Festy L- Little Red
                98 Ranger- The golf ball
                92 Accord- The $20 car (R.I.P)
                73 F-100 (looking for a 302)

"Wait... you mean they pay people to fix their cars? Idiots..."

Comment

how much are you willing to sell it for and can you send me pics of the car?

Comment

Originally posted by 1993 festiva View Post
                    how much are you willing to sell it for and can you send me pics of the car?
                    PM sent
                    1992 Subaru Legacy

Comment

Another one saved??

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                      X