brake cooling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake cooling?

okay so i have decided that i'm gonna build my car for auto X and well this is an idea i have been playing with okay what about a vent on the fender with some tubing that goes and comes out by the break of course i would have to take the dust shields off and then that exposes my shocks to heat so i would have to get coil overs but wouldn't that be just as good as slotted rotors or even better because it wouldn't cause excessive ware on the pads

Ford Festiva L
    Automatic

capri swap.... no venting needed
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

already started on aspire swap....
      Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
      capri swap.... no venting needed

Ford Festiva L
      Automatic

Comment

still wouldn't bother with it, auto X stuff is too short to get aspire rotors to fade. make sure you use SS brake lines, and concentrate on your suspention and tires.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I auto x mine and i have the aspire swap and have no issues of brake fad or them getting hot at all.
          2015 Ford mustang Ecoboost
          2013 Toyota Rav4 Limited
          2013 Scion IQ ( yes the smart car looking one)
          2015 Harley Davidson Iron883
          2015Harley Davidson Street 750

Comment

Working...
          X