Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 cents more a gallon and I'm springing for another festy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 cents more a gallon and I'm springing for another festy.

Fuel in my area is currently $2.97 for premium. I parted my aspire for a fair price ($400 total) and over the time I had it I more than broke even. Now I have a 2006 Ranger that just sucks the gas hehe. I find myself driving this truck all over the place with the new found confidence COMFORT reliability, etc. I also have been helping out a friend of the family who is totally out of my way so I'm rolling 180 miles a day, when before it was just 100. Its a great truck, came with a few add-ons that fit my style already so i didn't have to shell out for anything new. After owning a few aspires and one festy that never really got off the ground, i think I'm ready to attack a project with a real game plan. Just need to hold out for the right one...heck i know i can do what i need with the "wrong" one, this site has shown me a lot. If you remember my other whine thread about no time to do car stuff, that has reached an understanding, and with the extra help im lending i can afford to take an extra day off as needed. Just one full uninterrupted day a week can get a festiva going rather quickly and I didn't even have that for almost a year. Already locally stalking a silver with swoop and a white later model. I can almost guarantee it will not be a car from craigslist (Anyone got friends who say that about women?)
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

It's about time you got another festiva!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

You and me both getnpsi, next one comes up for sale near me is mine.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

it has jumped 50 cents here since the last time i bought gas
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
        Paulbarrera12.com
        Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

Not here it's been staying -/+ 20 cent range
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

its only 2.36 gallon here where i live, thats unleaded
            Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
            93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
            01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Yeah it was nice when it didnt take even 30 bucks to fill the jeep now it is getting closer to 40... And with 16mpg in the city that sucks. But my wife doesnt want to learn how to drive a stick so my cav just sits their. Which I guess isnt a bad thing because maybe I can sell it for a good price when I get back and get a fest.

Comment

It jumps .10 cents a day here , it may go down a few pennies later that day , then up .10 more the next day ??
                $2.90 for 87
                $3.10 for Ethyl ( premium).

It's ridiculous, and now I really think they were right , it will be $3.00 by summer :cussing::angry5::angryfire::angry4:
                ------------------------------------------------
                The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Thats why I drive Festiva's to begin with. I have several other vehicles that love gas! It saves on both gas and wear and tear. So I have different Festiva's for different season's!
                  Brian
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                  :fish:

Comment

I plan on putting one of my other festivas on the road. Took the awesome gas mileage for granted and wanted speed instead with this bp-t swap. I have an '88 and I'm going to swap it over to fuel injection (using aspire harness sensors and ecu) and dump the 4-speed for a spare 5 I have laying around. Keep the 12's on it, lower it and call it a day. My first festiva got 46mpg before I turbocharged it and I miss driving all week on the same tank.

Comment

I'm getting a 93 auto air. Will be the daily.
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

1 month, back and forth to work, down to "The Cape" on weekends, 1 tank of gas.

I love my Festiva!

Do that in my Buick and at the end of the month I'd be on my 3rd tank.
                        Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Working...
                        X