I finally bought a Festiva!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally bought a Festiva!

I finally bought a Festiva a few days ago. It's a 1988 L. I've been thinking about it for a few years now. I just couldn't stand my Plymouth Sundance anymore. I found it on Craigslist about 20 miles from where I live. It has a broken windshield, a leaky sunroof and a rusted out brake line. $300 and it is mine! But wait, there's more ..... the owner told me there was a parts Festiva for sale down the street. It is a '91 with no engine or trans and a smashed up front end. $100 and now I own my SECOND Festiva. The seller also told me about this site. I can't believe I found a bunch of people that are a crazy as I am! I love the site and all the pictures. I have spent hours reading the posts here since I found you guys. I have also started looking for more cheap parts Festivas........I think I'm on a steep and slippery slope!
    1988 L - aka: Underdog
    1990 L - soon to be trailer
    1994 Aspire (Looks like an egg)

is that i hitch i see on the maroon one.. also nice get some more pics up and some interior shots and welcome add your location that way if there is anyone near you they might be able to show up and help with stuff..

Ford Festiva L
    Automatic

Comment

The Maroon one is the keeper, and yes thats a hitch! I'll get some more pics up soon.
      1988 L - aka: Underdog
      1990 L - soon to be trailer
      1994 Aspire (Looks like an egg)

Comment

nice i want a hitch get some info in your sig...

Ford Festiva L
        Automatic

Comment

Yeah! What a way to get started. 2 on the same day. The hook is set deep in you my friend! Welcome to the site.
          '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
          '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
          '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
          '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
          '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
          '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
          '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Congratulations! Fez,
            You will enjoy Festiva ownership. Two of us have had three Festivas and love driving them and keeping them in good shape. Welcome to the ownership of Fun and Efficient driving!
            --Topo Gigio
            You are making life wonderful! --TopoGigio

Comment

Greetings, David88,
              I looked at your yellow '90 Festiva. What a beauty! I must remember, "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's Festiva."
              The yellow is outstanding, rich and bright and shiny! Perhaps silver would be ordinary. Two of us do have a silver 2001 Ford Focus wagon. Silver is all right, but the yellow is an attention-getter on the road. Whooee!!
              You are making life wonderful! --TopoGigio

Comment

Congratulations and welcome aboard!!
                1989 Red L- The Baron
                www.letstalkbeatles.com
                Link to Baron Pics:
                http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
                1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

Nice to hear. Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the obsession.

Originally posted by Fez View Post
                    ...I love the site and all the pictures. I have spent hours reading the posts here since I found you guys. I have also started looking for more cheap parts Festivas........I think I'm on a steep and slippery slope!
                    Reading the various posts is one of the best things you can do on this site. There is MUCH to learn.

Also, you'll hear this a lot, but it's true...

The search button is your friend.

Frustrating to use sometimes, but it will bring up all kinds of good info.

You're starting off with two (and looking for more)? You're not on a slippery slope, you've fallen off a cliff.

Enjoy the ride.
                    Last edited by JPT; 06-10-2009, 06:21 AM.
                    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the site, theres no going back now... lol. I've had 5 festivas already and I'm only 17!! :shock: Bought 3 of them on the same day too!!

Have fun!

-Fred
                      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Welcome Aboard Fez!! When did you move from Point Place??

Happy Motoring!

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

welcome you will soon be into the world of rare parts, brake & motor swaps, Custom Mods, etc

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                          92 GL - parts car
                          97 aspire - parts car
                          87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                          http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                          Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Way to start the addiction...2 at once! I currently own two myself. Great little cars!
                            "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Welcome aboard! I currently own an '89 Automatic - the fastest stock Festiva.

I'm only 21 and have owned about 10 Festys so far! You can never just have one...
                              White '89L auto - Sold!
                              Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Working...
                              X