Heartbroken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heartbroken

So, hauled a load of rusted metal off to the scrap yard this morning. As I was finished unloading and pulling back around to the scales, a Jeep Cherokee pulled in with a Festiva on his trailer. From a distance, other than the two rear vent windows being busted out, it looked pretty darn good. Paint still glossy. Few minor dings. Anyway, tried to hurry the sloth-like girl in the trailer so I could go talk to the guy. Finally told her I'd be right back, and headed towards the Festy. Before I moved 10 feet, the scrap yard guy running the bear claw reached over and crushed the crap out of the Festiva trying to pick it up. Picked it up, started to swing it around, lost his grip, and dropped from about 10 or 15 feet up. Proceeded to crush the entire back end trying to pick it back up, and slung it on top of a pile of other cars.

Walked on over and asked the guy who brought the car in what all was wrong with it. His answer- the back windows and it leaked oil really, really badly. Still ran, just leaked oil badly.

The scrap yard paid him 90 bucks for the car. So pissed, I almost forgot to go back to the office trailer to get my driver's license and 35 bucks.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Dang that stinks!
    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

man i hate people like that jsut scrap cars jsut because of stupid little things like that man that makes me nad to hear that jsut kills me

Comment

Makes me want to cry.
        Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

^^ Didn't even have time to take a pic before it was destroyed, and didn't have the heart to take one after.

Comment

That's a major drag....people like that don't deserve a festiva if they scrap it because of that.
            ---------------------------------------------------
            The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
            ---------------------------------------------------
            BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

That does suck !!
              I would have lost it for sure .

That reminds me of the White rust free , straight as a arrow GL, that I seen in Colorado Springs .

The reason it went there was ..They put a new timing belt on it and forgot to tighten the top gear , and knocked the key way out of it .. That's it ????

The junk yard fixed the engine and sold it and was going to crush the car soon after I was there.

I did get the hatch and everything that went with it .
              ------------------------------------------------
              The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
              Smart Passion white with H-D interior
              HD2500 Duramax Chevy
              Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
              Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
              Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
              Z28 LS1 power 500 +
              90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
              It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Batstiva,

Man, I do feel for you, to have had to watch such a horrific seen.

Hope your not having nightmares, or for that matter day-mares.
                '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                '92 Aqua parts Car
                '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                Your holy ghost will not save you.
                Your God plutonium will not save you.
                In fact...
                ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

The thing is, if he hadn't dropped it and picked it back up, I'd have still made him an offer on it. Would have only been a parts car, at that point, 'cause he crushed the top of it picking it up the first time. Sucks to watch a really nice car die for a stupid reason.

Comment

I remember seeing my car dropped into the shredder when I totaled it in canada... they picked it up with a forklift and then put it right through my SE hatch glass, and I saw shreds of it fly up when they dropped it in.

I totaled it because of some black ice on the QEW and signed it over to the tow truck guy, but I had to go with him to scrap it because I didn't have a title on me.
                    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

That just SUCKS! Sorry you had to see that.
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Another one bites the dust. RIP festy.
                        sigpic
                        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

it sucks , but i just sent one of my 93's to the scrapper. but it was completley rusted out and i stripped almost every good useable part off it first
                          05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

Stripped and rusted out I don't have a problem with. But for an oil leak and a couple of busted windows I already have sitting at home?? For 90 bucks?? I'd have doubled that and thrown him some extra to take it to the house. Oh well, on to the next one.

Comment

Working...
                            X