Drove a Nissan Cube today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drove a Nissan Cube today

My job got a dozen Nissan Cubes last week. Last Friday I came back from the registry with the plates and today they were put into the rental fleet.

I got to deliver one.

They're really small looking on the outside, but quite roomy inside. The seats are wide and kind of flat and you sit up high, like you're in an SUV. They are real easy to see out of and, from the inside, the funky wrap around rear glass looks like a normal back window (the rear head rests sort of block your view though). It's not a hatchback in the traditional sense, the back is actually a huge door, hinged on the left side.

The ride is nice and it corners as well as any other car, but corners make you feel kind of like your going to tip over.

From a stop, they're kind of slow, but once you get rolling, they have a surprising kick (they're faster than they look). On the highway, they cruise nice and the power makes passing slower traffic effortless.

One thing I don't like (besides the look) is in the rain, if you crack the windows open, the side of your head is going to get soaked (these things are going to make the vent visor companies lots of money) and the windows rattle in their frames adding to the water being blown in.

There were two of us rolling down the highway and the people in the other cars were definitely checking us out (most were laughing).

NO ONE at my job likes the looks. People describe them as "A Scion XB with Downs Syndrome" and for the price (a little over $15,000.00) I wouldn't buy one, but I think Nissan will sell lots of them.
    Last edited by JPT; 06-15-2009, 05:31 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

^^ Like riding a moped, it's okay as long as no one you know sees you doing it?

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
      ^^ Like riding a moped, it's okay as long as no one you know sees you doing it?
      For real!

Comment

A car is a car... I'd drive a honda if it was priced reasonably, wait a minute! No.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        ---------------------------------------------------
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

^^ Ya had me worried for a minute there. Thought I was going to have to sacrifice you to the Gods.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

^^LOL^^

I seen one the other day , already had rims on it and some kind of a paint scheme.
            ------------------------------------------------
            The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
            Smart Passion white with H-D interior
            HD2500 Duramax Chevy
            Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
            Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
            Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
            Z28 LS1 power 500 +
            90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
            It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

When they were delivered, one that was on one of the haulers had 18" rims and a spoiler. It's some kind of Nissan sport package. The spoiler looked like it would fit a Festiva.

At least they looked like 18" rims (they were quite a bit larger than the base model wheels)
              Last edited by JPT; 06-15-2009, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X