closer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• closer....

today i got the engine/tranny put back. the tranny mount at the back bottom was a pain. New bushings in the shift linkage made a huge difference. now i can find a gear!. Hopefuly tonight the axles will go in and then i guess i need to see if it starts

B
    In the 90's we had Clinton in office. We also had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama in office and we have no Hope and no Cash.
    God grant me the serenity to accept what I cannot change, strength to change what I cannot accept, and wisdom to hide the bodies of those who piss me off!:-)
    This is NOT an abandoned vehicle

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. Lil-Red that could. Glad you got your clutch problem squared away. Best of luck when you turn the key.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Why was your back tranny mount a problem ? Just curious, I had a problem with the last one I did too. The weld nut threads didnt match the original bolt on mine.
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

two problems, for the life of me i could not get he bolt to drop down into the hole. i am doing this by myself. so it was up and down up and down with the engine and me from the ground. hah, then i tried to put the nut on and the darn thing wouldnt go (i cant see anything). turns out i had the wrong nut. i got the engine and axels in , everything wired, and the thing runs. Not very well, yet. i still have to figure the brake problem

B
        In the 90's we had Clinton in office. We also had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama in office and we have no Hope and no Cash.
        God grant me the serenity to accept what I cannot change, strength to change what I cannot accept, and wisdom to hide the bodies of those who piss me off!:-)
        This is NOT an abandoned vehicle

Comment

Working...
        X