I hear a sloshing sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hear a sloshing sound?

It's been raining here in central Pa.. It seems to never stop. So i get a call this morning reporting a sloshing sound in the cargo area. When we bought the 93 last fall the spare tire well was completly full of water. I drained it out and wiped it dry. I know the hatch seal is not leaking. So is there a seal under the tail lights that might be leaking or missing? Anybody else ever have this problem?
    Last edited by drof 89; 06-18-2009, 06:43 AM.
    Is that someone there ??? 1981 VW diesel pickup---1988.5 Suzuki Samurai tin top---1993 Festiva---1974 Bricklin SV-1 ( very thirsty basket case)---2003 Tracker(bells and whistles)

)

Could be getting in around the tail lights if the rubber gaskets are getting worn. Mine used to do that. Also might want to check the little rubber/plastic drain plugs in the bottom of the spare tire well. Those also got kind of worn on mine, and would allow road spray to get in.

And I'm with you on the rain. We have been running an average here of 2 to 2.5 inches a week since the beginning of May. Got 2.5 last night, and it's raining again right now.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I'll drain the water out of it tonight and see if the floor plugs are loose. The old 89 we had never took on any water.Buy the amount of water that was in it when we first got it. I was thinking someone left the hatch open during a rain storm. But i guess not. And it sounds like more rain is on the way! They had super storms in the mid west last night.
      Is that someone there ??? 1981 VW diesel pickup---1988.5 Suzuki Samurai tin top---1993 Festiva---1974 Bricklin SV-1 ( very thirsty basket case)---2003 Tracker(bells and whistles)

)

Comment

I would put money on the taillights being the problem!

Comment

Several people have cut there own gaskets for the taillights. I think someone used a mouse pad ??
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
            Several people have cut there own gaskets for the taillights. I think someone used a mouse pad ??

DJ posted that - its in his articles section

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
            92 GL - parts car
            97 aspire - parts car
            87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
            http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
            Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

^^ I cut a set out from a piece of rubber that was used as padding on a factory floor.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Also check the rear quarter window seals. On my '88, the RR doesn't seal as good as it should, and I can see a trickle of water INSIDE the glass when it rains hard.
                If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                Mark S.

Comment

Working...
                X