Dog on my Stang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog on my Stang

For some reason our newest dog has taken to walking on top of my '04 Mustang GT.
    I have it stored in the garage and put a Tyvek car cover on it. The next morning when I walked out into the garage he was laying on the roof chewing on my 1/2" impact wrench.
    There were about 5 or 6 holes in the car cover from his claws and when I pulled the cover off there were scratches all over the hood and top of the RF fender. (previously the car didn't even have so much as a rock chip or door ding anywhere). I managed to get them almost completely out with Scratch-X, but if you know where to look you can still see them. That night I put the car cover back on and then put a heavy duty poly tarp over the car cover. Seems to work.
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

if it was my dog he wouldn`t be around for long. lol

Comment

Originally posted by ruppenduro View Post
      if it was my dog he wouldn`t be around for long. lol
      dido
      2015 Ford mustang Ecoboost
      2013 Toyota Rav4 Limited
      2013 Scion IQ ( yes the smart car looking one)
      2015 Harley Davidson Iron883
      2015Harley Davidson Street 750

Comment

Good DOG!!
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        ---------------------------------------------------
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

dog would be declawed if it ever got on any of my vehicles

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
          92 GL - parts car
          97 aspire - parts car
          87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
          http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
          Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Try putting the 'stang on the dog.
            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Hahaha it is a simple case of dog not knowing better. You have to train it just like you would if he was getting on the couch, a very expensive couch....

Comment

Originally posted by graywolf_14 View Post
                Hahaha it is a simple case of dog not knowing better. You have to train it just like you would if he was getting on the couch, a very expensive couch....
                You are correct! I can laugh about it now. My wife rescues problem dogs from the local shelter and gives them obedience training so they stand a better chance of a successful adoption. We WILL break him of this habit, it is a direct result of a previous owner letting him jump up on the couch, bed, your lap, etc.. It would be a lot more tolerable if he wasn't a 60Lb Doberman mix!
                Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon

Comment

Oh you don't even know about bad dogs. My grandma has had some of the worste dogs I have ever met. She would let them poop in the house and he was a 60 pound mut! After she is done eating she will let the dog lick the bowl which is nasty, and she also lets him dig in the trash. Combine that with another dog and two cats doing the exact same thing and you can imagine what her house was like. Every tile floor was ruined and I cant tell you how many telephone cables she went through.

Comment

Don't let the dog in the garage to start with.
                    Brian
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                    :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
                      Don't let the dog in the garage to start with.
                      I would love it if that was possible! We have a single car attached garage and the only way into the back yard (which is fenced in) is through the garage. If I put the car outside it is subject to UV rays, hail and neighborhood stray cats that did a good job of scratching it already. My wife seems to think the dogs need to be able to be able to freely traverse in and out of the garage, like it's some kind of doghouse and I'm not prepared to "go there" quite yet.
                      Brian

Comment

CUT sis boys off!!!!! With a rusty spoon and see how he likes it.
                        "There's no half singing in the shower, your either a rockstar or an opera diva"

88' L (Daily Driver) 88' LX EMERGENSTEVIA

Comment

Working...
                        X