Rare and Unwanted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garylau View Post
    Wow, I was going to post the Ford EXP and you beat me to it, which is crazy considering most people have never heard of them. It was my first car and I've been pining over it for years. They have become nearly impossible to find. Mine looked like this one, only with the rear window that bubbled outward. This is a great thread idea.
    I know where a EXP is.. not too far from me, just sitting in some guys backyard.
    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Dang! There are many cars on here that I'd love to have! LOL Including the EXP. I really like those totota vans too! And that '72 Olds... that thing is sweet! I like the AMC Eagle too!
      www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
      www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
      Snoopy's
      4621 Atlantic Ave
      Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

Here's one for you.

1973 VW Thing.

When these came out they were everywhere. Now, I can't remember the last time I've seen one.
        Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Another.

Renault LeCar.

Had one back in the 80's Had a funtop and rode like a Cadillac. It took 12" tires too and even back then, 12" tires were hard to find
          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

I just saw a Renault LeCar today in the junkyard that had a funtop, but it was torn to crap.
            -Josh R

Comment

Originally posted by FestivaFan View Post
              Here's one for you.

1973 VW Thing.

When these came out they were everywhere. Now, I can't remember the last time I've seen one.

My father in law has one of those in his garage. Don't think it's even been started in 20 years.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I had a LeCar, sold it to buy the Festiva in 1988.
                Was a pretty nice car really....and yes they did ride very nice, typical of a french car. My dad bought it for me and I didn't know how to drive it! It had a 4-speed, and I hadn't learned to drive a manual trans yet! He said, "well, if you want this car, you better learn how". Also it had a manual choke, which was great.
                If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                Mark S.

Comment

Gotta get my Merkur on the road this year. I have more disposable income, but less useable time. We shall see. Ill dig up a pic for y'all. Deathegg saw it.
                  1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Ohh how about the chevette... I never thought much about them till I seen the vauxhal version and found out about its rally history.

Comment

i really dont like those. i drove my moms old chevette, no power.
                      it'll do the 1/8 in 13.7, spin tires, and make all my drunk buddies giggle.

"I like a Festiva because there's less car to get in the way of the driving experience"

Comment

I had an ex girlfriend who had a Chevette with a factory V-6. Think it was a sport edition, or something like that. That little thing would scoot. But the base 4 cylinders were pretty gutless.
                        Still actually see a few of them on the road around here.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Hmmm, the Chevette never came with a V6. I remember looking into it about 15 years ago, because I thought it would be pretty cool to have a V6 or V8, but it takes alot of fabrication to put one in. They did come with a Diesel, and nowadays they have become a cult favorite amongst the Chevette enthusiasts.
                          If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                          Mark S.

Comment

The only rotary pickup to date:

The Subaru Brat:

And of course, the Ford Fiesta:

White '89L auto - Sold!
                            Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Originally posted by deathegg View Post
                              Hmmm, the Chevette never came with a V6. I remember looking into it about 15 years ago, because I thought it would be pretty cool to have a V6 or V8, but it takes alot of fabrication to put one in. They did come with a Diesel, and nowadays they have become a cult favorite amongst the Chevette enthusiasts.
                              i remember hearing the older 3.8 V6 from an Oldsmobile that has the dist. on the front of the engine, will drop right into a chevette

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
                                I had an ex girlfriend who had a Chevette with a factory V-6. Think it was a sport edition, or something like that. That little thing would scoot. But the base 4 cylinders were pretty gutless.
                                Still actually see a few of them on the road around here.
                                are you thinking of a Citation?
                                it'll do the 1/8 in 13.7, spin tires, and make all my drunk buddies giggle.

"I like a Festiva because there's less car to get in the way of the driving experience"

Comment

Working...
                                X