wheel question (non-festiva)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel question (non-festiva)

Does anyone know what these are? I know I've seen 'em before and want to find a set for the Caprice if they fit. Thanks!
    1992 Subaru Legacy
    1988 Chevy Caprice Classic

They appear to be your typical old school aftermarket alum. slotted wheels. They could be a few different bolt patterns. If the owner doesn't know, you will need to measure them.
    If you ever go to a big automotive swap meet, you can usually find a plastic disk with all of the common bolt patterns on it. They are great, you just line up the holes. The price is under 5 bucks or so. (not that that helps you now though)

Comment

Unfortunately I don't remember where I got that picture. That's why I was tring to find out what they are, so I can find out the bolt pattern and try to track a set down.
      1992 Subaru Legacy

Comment

That style rim has been made for many (and I do mean MANY!) years in all kinds of different sizes and bolt patterns. I may be wrong, but I believe the original manufacturer was Ansen. They called the style "Sprint"

American Racing owns the brand now and they still make that style.

Click the link below

Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Thanks! I should have thought of checking American Racing. That link has a few wheels I think would look good. Probably pretty affordable, too.
          1992 Subaru Legacy

Comment

Originally posted by FestivaFan View Post
            That style rim has been made for many (and I do mean MANY!) years in all kinds of different sizes and bolt patterns. I may be wrong, but I believe the original manufacturer was Ansen. They called the style "Sprint"

American Racing owns the brand now and they still make that style.

Click the link below

http://www.americanracing.com/browse_vintage.asp
            ding! ding! ding! We have a winner!!! Ansen Sprint is the correct answer!
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

i have not heard the name ansen in a long time i guess i just aged myself.

Comment

Working...
              X