my friend probably saved some lives today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my friend probably saved some lives today

This afternoon my friend Andy and his wife were driving through town when they ended up behind a VERY drunk driver. Concerned, Andy followed him. The guy was in a blazer, all over the road, sometimes swerving into ditches, hitting signs, and almost hit a couple other cars head on. Andy called the police, and continued following, flashing his lights and honking, trying to get the guy to stop. Eventually they stopped, apparently to change drivers. The guy had a female passenger who was less messed up then he was. The guy got out, beer in hand, and promptly fell over. About then the police showed up. Besides being drunk, the guy had crack on him. The sheriff told my friend he hadn't seen anyone that drunk in a long time. I hate to think of what could have happened if they hadn't been caught. Just a crazy story I thought I'd share.
    1992 Subaru Legacy
    1988 Chevy Caprice Classic

Good for your friend! At least they got that one off the road without killing anyone.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
      Good for your friend! At least they got that one off the road without killing anyone.
      x2
      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

It's refreshing to hear of someone not afraid to get involved. Back when I was in high school I worked at Taco Bell. One night around midnight a car pulled up to the drive thru. i asked no less than 5 times what they would like to order. No response. So we went outside and found a guy slumped over his wheel , sleeping. The stench of alcohol and pot was overwhelming. Empty bottles everywhere in the car. We didn't even bother waking him up. I just reached in and took his keys. I guess he woke up in county lockup a couple days later!
        1988 L - aka: Underdog
        1990 L - soon to be trailer
        1994 Aspire (Looks like an egg)

Comment

1800-grab-dui

Comment

I've called in a drunk driver before the guy almost hit another car head on then got on the freeway. Cops got him before someone got hurt.
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by Fez View Post
              It's refreshing to hear of someone not afraid to get involved. Back when I was in high school I worked at Taco Bell. One night around midnight a car pulled up to the drive thru. i asked no less than 5 times what they would like to order. No response. So we went outside and found a guy slumped over his wheel , sleeping. The stench of alcohol and pot was overwhelming. Empty bottles everywhere in the car. We didn't even bother waking him up. I just reached in and took his keys. I guess he woke up in county lockup a couple days later!
              Yeah, I used to be an assistant manager at a Taco Bell. On a couple occasions my coworkers called the police on drunk drivers that went through the drive-thru trashed. One of them even took out one of our light poles in the parking lot with her car. It's amazing how drunks are attracted to Taco Bell.
              1992 Subaru Legacy
              1988 Chevy Caprice Classic

Comment

Well, around here Taco Bell is the only place open when the bars close!
                1988 L - aka: Underdog
                1990 L - soon to be trailer
                1994 Aspire (Looks like an egg)

Comment

Originally posted by garylau View Post
                  Yeah, I used to be an assistant manager at a Taco Bell. On a couple occasions my coworkers called the police on drunk drivers that went through the drive-thru trashed. One of them even took out one of our light poles in the parking lot with her car. It's amazing how drunks are attracted to Taco Bell.

Hey the advertise "eat great even late"

That sounds like after bar food to me...
                  It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Working...
                  X