Festiva Spotting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva Spotting

When we do a road trip, or even a local trip, we are always looking for Festivas. We play a guessing game on how many Festivas we are going to spot and see who wins. This trip to WV, we didn't see any on the trip up. On the way back, Dean says we will see one and I, figuring our luck was going to change, said probably none. We got all the way back to Greensboro NC before I spotted a nice white one going westbound on the I-40 bypass. Then Dean spotted a red one on I-540 about 15 miles from the house.

The best trip we had, was back at Thanksgiving, I think we spotted 7. Lately, it's been hard to find any.

White Festiva owner - were you around Greensboro Saturday afternoon? We would love to know if the owner is on the forum.

How good are you a guessing how many Festivas you are going to spot on a trip?
    1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
    1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
    Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
    website www.festivamadness.com

The best trip we had, was back at Thanksgiving, I think we spotted 7. Lately, it's been hard to find any.

Have to agree with you on that one. Not sure if they are just getting rarer, or what. Used to see a minimum of 8 or 10 pretty much no matter where I went. Now I see 4 maybe 5 most days I'm out. But I am also noticing the ones I do see seem well taken care of.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
      But I am also noticing the ones I do see seem well taken care of.
      You are right about that. The white one we saw looked to be in real good shape.
      1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
      Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member

Comment

^^ We've got a pair of dark blue ones around here that look, inside and out, like they just left the factory yesterday. Still wondering where all the crappier ones have gone, 'cause they're not showing up in the junkyards.

Comment

We figure they are going straight to the scrap yard. A lot of the junkyards here say they scrap Festivas because there is no call for them! Well, that's just crazy.

I think they don't keep them long enough for anyone to know they are on the yard.
          1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
          Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member

Comment

Originally posted by Smedley View Post
            We figure they are going straight to the scrap yard. A lot of the junkyards here say they scrap Festivas because there is no call for them! Well, that's just crazy.

I think they don't keep them long enough for anyone to know they are on the yard.
            yea most of the yards around here just crush em.
            05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

^^ They all tell me there's no market for them, but then they tell me people are in there all the time looking for them. Kind of sounds to me like there might be a bit of a market for them, eh?

Comment

I saw a red one down the road from me the other day. I think I'm gonna cruise through the neighborhood I saw him come out of and see if I can find him again.
                "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Working...
                X