Need help with wiring in new power mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with wiring in new power mirrors

I just got a set of power mirrors for my 88 festi and was wondering if anyone has a digram of the wiring and what not or could help me get them hooked up. I appreciate the help

Your 88 was probably never wired for power mirrors. If it did, you could take the door panel off and see a wire there that isn't plugged into anything, if you don't see it, then you don't have the wiring for it.
    -Josh R

Comment

I'll pull the skematics for power mirrors but being an 88 you might have to run the full harness and not just the jumper harness because your wires might not be there

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
      92 GL - parts car
      97 aspire - parts car
      87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
      http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
      Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

ok thanks for the help, i was just wondering if i could even to it. but i think i will jsut install the mirrors and and not mess with the wires lol

Comment

If the wires are there, which I suspect they are. The wire needed will be just behind the door panel, under the plastic. Since it was an option on 88s. I was surprised to find the wire there on my 93 in which PWs were not an option. You wont have the 8 inch dongle, but then you can stretch the wire to reach, so it isnt really necassary.
          Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
          - Unknown
          I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
          - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
          - Bumper Sticker

Comment

thanks i will take the panel off and see if they are there or not

Comment

Working...
            X