SO I found a cheap festy, low miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO I found a cheap festy, low miles

But it's 250 MIles away, one way. seller says that It has "No spark", and that it died on him while driving one day...

So, Dizzy? Fusible Link? what do you guys think?
    -Tim
    93 Festy L- Little Red
    98 Ranger- The golf ball
    92 Accord- The $20 car (R.I.P)
    73 F-100 (looking for a 302)

"Wait... you mean they pay people to fix their cars? Idiots..."

Could be something as simple as the timings off. any more info or pictures????

BTW GO GET IT because our babies dont last long on the market.

Comment

Something similar happened to me when I first got my project festy running. Died on me driving down the road. Traced it down to the ignition switch. Go get that bad boy!
      "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

it'd be a 500mile trip... and i dont have the means to get a trailer or dolly
        -Tim
        93 Festy L- Little Red
        98 Ranger- The golf ball

Comment

if you can do a 500 mile trip, you might be able to pay for a 40 trailer from u-haul. make it happen! Dont think of your self, think of the Festivas!!!!!

B
          Last edited by Lil-Red; 07-01-2009, 09:09 AM.
          In the 90's we had Clinton in office. We also had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama in office and we have no Hope and no Cash.
          God grant me the serenity to accept what I cannot change, strength to change what I cannot accept, and wisdom to hide the bodies of those who piss me off!:-)
          This is NOT an abandoned vehicle

Comment

Rented my dolly from U-haul for 36 plus tax, less than 40, have use of it for a week. Not that much. Course, the Festiva I'll be picking up this weekend is less than a 250 mile round trip. Could be doable, Not sure what you mean by 'cheap', but could definitely be worth the time if it's something simple. Guess it all comes down to your means, and whether you want it or not. If nothing else, put up a location, someone else on here might be closer to it. Could either let them get it, or help you out getting it home. Good Luck, whatever you decide.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

cheap is 150, and i did let josh know (91blue), so who knows
              -Tim
              93 Festy L- Little Red
              98 Ranger- The golf ball

Comment

Let me know about what, that this festiva is for sale?

yeah, I would like to go get it, but I don't have the funds to go get it.
                -Josh R

Comment

Less than 40.00 for the U-haul covers me for 48 hours, anything over that is extra, but it'll be picked up and dropped off same day. Hope someone on here saves it from the crusher.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                  1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                  1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                  Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                  X