Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

30 cars,parting out,what should I keep ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 cars,parting out,what should I keep ?

O.K.,so I got the 30 cars and I will be parting some out.I will scrap the rusty ones and a couple have bad engines.On the ones I scrap , what should I save ? I would like to save everything like windows,latches and misc,but,I do have a limited amount of room.I am going to take off all spindles,but,do I keep the axles ? Are they worth it ? I am going to scrap the converters,,but the exhaust ? How do I tell if the springs/shocks are worth keeping ?On the bad engines,what do I save besides alt,a/c,starter and the like.any info would be helpful.Thanks.Guys.

Originally posted by smcawc View Post
    O.K.,so I got the 30 cars and I will be parting some out.I will scrap the rusty ones and a couple have bad engines.On the ones I scrap , what should I save ? I would like to save everything like windows,latches and misc,but,I do have a limited amount of room.I am going to take off all spindles,but,do I keep the axles ? Are they worth it ? I am going to scrap the converters,,but the exhaust ? How do I tell if the springs/shocks are worth keeping ?On the bad engines,what do I save besides alt,a/c,starter and the like.any info would be helpful.Thanks.Guys.
    Where exactly is Warren Ohio?
    I'm in Springfield,Ohio[which is located right inbetween Dayton and Columbus] and might need small misc. stuff like spoilers and things or accessories..

I don't know much about what to keep...sorry i'm new to the Festiva scene
    my old car: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3352777

Comment

near Youngstown.Cars are in Rogers area.No spoilers,though.

Comment

Originally posted by jhayes View Post
        Where exactly is Warren Ohio?
        Yahoo maps is your friend!

The search engine that helps you find exactly what you're looking for. Find the most relevant information, video, images, and answers from all across the Web.
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
          Thank you

That's entirely tooo farrrrr!!!! :shock:

Comment

I will ship,though. what do you need ?

Comment

I will ship,though. what do you need ?
              Nothing as of right now, but if i do need something i know who to get a hold of.

Comment

I need exhaust pipes from 88-89 from down pipe back how much ?
                93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

I need the black plastic radio/heater vent bezel. $10 + shipping?
                  I also would like to get my hands on an instrument cluster with tach; color doesn't matter.
                  And a right-side mirror, along with a second internal plastic triangular plate for the right-side mirror.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Limited space is a bummer because a lot of the stuff you will probably end up scrapping could be useful one day. I know a lot of parts are obsolete through the dealer, and I am not 100% sure on aftermarket support but as the years go by I'm sure it's decreasing.

With the bad engines it all depends on whats bad. Would be hard to tell unless they threw a rod out the side of the block. Some of the heads/valvetrain could still be usefull though, or a motor that appears good and turns over by hand may have a totally warped head, worn valvetrain, knocking rod bearings, etc...kind of puts you in a rough spot for selling since you don't really know the history of all this stuff. I'd say the axles are worth keeping if the boots are intact and the threads aren'tall stripped! Don't forget about little things like throttle cables, certain wiring pigtails, etc. Man I wish I had all the stuff you do!
                    02 Super Duty XLT 4x4 7.3 $12,000.00 (still paying on)
                    00 Grand Am GT 3.4 $6,000.00 (still paying on)
                    89 Festiva L 1.3 $225.00 (paid off 1st day!)

Comment

I would say that exhaust manifolds are worth keeping but tailpipe/mufflers probably not. Springs and shocks will be hard to tell but if they are leaking any fuid from anywhere they are junk. I would keep and try to organize as much hardware (random nuts/bolts/clamps/clips) as possible since it's small and can come in handy!
                      02 Super Duty XLT 4x4 7.3 $12,000.00 (still paying on)
                      00 Grand Am GT 3.4 $6,000.00 (still paying on)
                      89 Festiva L 1.3 $225.00 (paid off 1st day!)

Comment

Originally posted by mrgrimm View Post
                        a lot of the stuff you will probably end up scrapping could be useful one day.

QFT !

Save it all, every nut and bolt. Ill buy all the nuts you remove. How much per Lb for assorted festiva nuts ?
                        sigpic
                        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I need the lower crank pully and hub. Also the plastic timing covers of a 1.3. Can you help me out? or anybody else for that matter
                          93 festiva aka "the sexy"
                          04 blown GT stang
                          99 wrangler (in the middle of a 5.2 swap)

Comment

Need good driver's side window channel. PM sent.
                            Charlie Z

Comment

Well, I need a front windshield, a dome light [not with map] and a lifter. A hatch Lid and thats about all... PM me if you have any!

Comment

Working...
                              X